JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did Target really accede to 'Moms Demand Social Prejudice?'

The anti-gun Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (MDA) is doing a victory dance following today's "respectful request" by Target that customers not bring firearms into their stores, even in states where it is legal, but is this really a defeat for armed citizens, or a hollow victory for an organization pushing social prejudice by proxy?

<broken link removed>

Target has the same chinese made junk Wal Mart has, usually for more. They don't treat their employees really any better than Wal Mart does, despite the people that bubblegum about WM. My mother in law has worked for Target for almost 20 years and makes $11.00 and change per hour, working in both the accounting/payroll office and managing a freight crew.

My wife likes Target for some stuff, so I can't really avoid going there - but I surely won't abide their "respectful request" either. The worst that comes from them is I'm asked to leave should someone catch a glimpse of the gun for some reason. Big deal. The worst potential outcome if I go unarmed is getting caught defenseless if some f'ing nut comes in and starts shooting.

If I'm going to spend my hard earned money buying made in china junk, I'll do it at Wal Mart or over the internet - both typically cheaper options than Target. If I want something nicer than made in china junk - I buy from a more locally owned store and look for good service.

Target's store, and their right to run it as they see fit. I see this as them giving lip service to a bunch of loud mouthed twits while trying not to really piss off gun owners - of which there are many millions - and keep stock holders happy by trying to avoid the potential big hit in revenues.

There is very little I can get at Target that I can't get at:

Winco
Costco
Amazon

I can't remember the last time I went into Target for something - maybe 3 years ago.

I go into Walmart maybe once a year.

Winco and Costco and sometimes Amazon are where I do my shopping (and yes, I know Amazon is kind of anti-gun, but then they don't have a "don't bring your gun in our store" policy either and they have a lot of gun stuff in their online store).

Target has the same chinese made junk Wal Mart has, usually for more. They don't treat their employees really any better than Wal Mart does, despite the people that bubblegum about WM. My mother in law has worked for Target for almost 20 years and makes $11.00 and change per hour, working in both the accounting/payroll office and managing a freight crew.

Having worked at both places I can attest to the treatment of its employees, however I feel target is slightly better. That being said they both suck...just one less than the other.

I support their right to decide what happens at thier stores, on their property - if they say no guns , CCW or otherwise I will support them in that right to make that claim. I however will choose not to spend my money there since I am agaisnt thier policy. That is my right. Since when did we get into deciding which rights are valid and which aren't? I thought that property ownership and teh management of that property was a right.

There is very little I can get at Target that I can't get at:

Winco
Costco
Amazon

I can't remember the last time I went into Target for something - maybe 3 years ago.

I go into Walmart maybe once a year.

Winco and Costco and sometimes Amazon are where I do my shopping (and yes, I know Amazon is kind of anti-gun, but then they don't have a "don't bring your gun in our store" policy either and they have a lot of gun stuff in their online store).

You know Costco has a no gun policy as well.

They do. And no gun policies really don't bother me.

If I didn't do business with corporations/stores that had no weapons policies, then I not only wouldn't buy much of anything (except maybe guns and ammo), I wouldn't be employed.

They have their right to say what they want to happen on their property, and I have the right to ignore it until they catch me at it. That said, I typically do not carry concealed - I let my permit lapse over a decade ago. I usually just do not feel the need to carry a firearm everywhere I go all the time. The few times I do feel the need I usually can't because I am on foot and my destination is my workplace (this was especially true when I worked in downtown Seattle), but my workplace didn't allow guns and I had no place to stash them before entering the office.

I didn't say I didn't shop at Target because of their policy, I said I don't shop there because I prefer other stores and Target really doesn't have much I want. Also, I don't really care for how Target or Walmart treat their employees.

They do. And no gun policies really don't bother me.

If I didn't do business with corporations/stores that had no weapons policies, then I not only wouldn't buy much of anything (except maybe guns and ammo), I wouldn't be employed.

They have their right to say what they want to happen on their property, and I have the right to ignore it until they catch me at it. That said, I typically do not carry concealed - I let my permit lapse over a decade ago. I usually just do not feel the need to carry a firearm everywhere I go all the time. The few times I do feel the need I usually can't because I am on foot and my destination is my workplace (this was especially true when I worked in downtown Seattle), but my workplace didn't allow guns and I had no place to stash them before entering the office.

I didn't say I didn't shop at Target because of their policy, I said I don't shop there because I prefer other stores and Target really doesn't have much I want. Also, I don't really care for how Target or Walmart treat their employees.

Understood.

The reality is that malls are closing, not being built. And while some things are best at an in-person store- like fresh fruit - you can shop with your Fully Automatic Machine Gun and have deliveries made to your door.

Also - We have the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare)
"My recommendation is that you pay cash for your alcohol and tobacco purchases and anything else that may reflect negatively on your lifestyle choice algorithms (i.e. guns and ammo, ATV and motorcycles, extreme sports, etc.).
You can lie to your doctors but you can't lie to the government computers and nothing about you is confidential anymore." -- <broken link removed>
http://americanthinker.com/2014/07/welcome_to_the_end_of_doctorpatient_confidentiality_.html

I believe that when ever possible we need to support local businesses. I support the local franchise owner of an Ace over the Lowes.

Target official statement. "Target spokesman Molly Snyder told the Wire that they are "requesting that people do not carry any firearms in our stores, including concealed carry. We will continue to follow local laws, however, concealed weapons are included in our position." However, Target has no plans to actually enforce its request. The Wire asked Snyder if Target will ask a gun-toting customer to leave and she said: "Because this is a request and not a prohibition, we do not plan to communicate with our customers at this time."

Just like the others. They are "asking", not prohibiting. Who can blame them when the open carry activists are showing up at the stores carrying AR's scaring the heck out of other customers. Like any other store, they are in business to make $ and that won't happen if their customers are scared off by a bunch of Rambo wantabe's

They would probably ask someone who was open carrying, but not someone who was carrying concealed.

I personally do not blame them either - I think it is a reasonable and well thought out response.

I have made it clear that I think in most situations this kind of open carry is idiotic and harmful to our cause.

I think I remember Target used to sell ammo. Target sucks. They are going to go the way of GI Joe.. after they named it Joe.. lol

I bought several firearms at GI Joes (a Star PD and a High Standard revolver) and used to go there to ogle their gun display. I also bought ammo there. But that was like 40 years ago. Haven't been inside one for decades.

I can't wait for Cabelas to open in Tualatin.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top