JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amen brother 40, amen.
There is a young man that tromps around downtown Lincoln city and along the beach carrying an m15 just to prove a point, one only he knows, and if I could figure what language he's trying to say it in my reply to him would be SHUT UP! He tends to dress the part that he wants folks to perceive him as. Me, I don't need his help maintaining my right to keep and bear, he's become a detriment to it in my humble opinion and his actions benefit no one but himself and his young ego . He pretty much knows what he's doing and the attention he's receiving, which I believe is his sole reason for doing so- the look at me attention period.

If he is a member here of this site, I wish he would get ahold of me so we could discuss this further as there are ways to better defend his/your and my right than walking around looking all tough and ready for the apocalypse just for the shock value of it.

There is a guy in Beaverton that does the same. He wears mall ninja gear and carries a shotgun around downtown. It has gotten to the point that the police to not even respond as he does not have it loaded and thinks he is making a point...Yes a point that a guy like me would not like if he stepped on my lawn with that gun and I did not know he was just a loon with an empty gun.
I will never understand how someone can think scaring people will get them to see that gun ownership should be a right. Should that guy have a right to own a gun...or the guy in your town? They make all of us look bad and give ammo to the people armed with pens and cameras.
I had to hold a guy that attacked a bus driver after he ran his truck into the bus. I saw him drive over 2 lanes and not even look at traffic and nail the bus. He then jumped out and grabbed the woman with a bus load of kids and tried pulling her out as he was yelling about it being "her fault". I tackled him and he seemed to back off to his truck only to get a pipe and come at me. I reached for my gun and told him I was going to shoot him if he took another step and a cop pulled up and tackled him. Bus driver told me after calming down that she hates guns but thank god I had one. I am sure told her friends as well. It never came out and nobody got shot but she saw the only way to to get that crazy guy to not beat me and then her was me being armed.
Of course that is not what we read about gun owners. We read about idiots walking with shotguns and rifles to prove a point. We prove a point by proving we are here to help and protect people that cannot protect themselves. Then folks will come around.
The scum bags that make us all look bad have no idea how bad they really are for our cause. Probably most never will. Hopefully enough people will learn to know that one crazy person does not account for the whole lot of us.

And 40 I thank you for doing your part when needed. I applaud it when the weapon and person stop violence or illegal activities from occurring or continuing, it takes intelligence and a cool head to do so.

To answer your question, " Should that guy have a right to own a gun...or the guy in your town?" In a word yes, up until the point where they have committed a crime or act that warrants otherwise.

Laws are passed daily that make no sense to those that have sense, and there are way too many on the books already. all it takes is for more representatives, senators and congressmen to hear from more constituents to pass more, just ask the legal carrying folks in Mult., Clack., and Wash. counties if their rights have not been under attack almost constantly. Why? because of the mindset of the general populace of those areas. It wasn't always that way, I know I grew up there.

A kid could walk to a friends house or other place carrying a BB gun and never receive much more than a cursory glance, not so any longer.

Do I like it? Hell no, do I understand why? Yes. Folks never indoctrinated into the ways of hunting, shooting and just firearms in general have moved in from unnamed (down south) states and they flat don't, didn't ever get it and perhaps never will.

But through education and actions of those responsible for their own actions its possible to turn those such as the bus driver you mentioned to an open eyed and ears position, and as such they in turn tell others.

Thats the exact opposite of what I see taking place through the actions of those that insist upon their rights to do what these aforementioned gentlemen are doing, and to them and those that pound their chests and scream, BUT THATS MY RIGHT, I have a question,,,, Hows that working out for Them, You, Me, and US so far?

I completely agree. The problem with the "THATS MY RIGHT" people is that most of them are ignorant to the point that they truly believe scare tactics do any good. Ignorance is bliss and they go to bed thinking they are the ones protecting our right even though in reality they are doing exactly what anti gun folks want.
I will never understand these people that have to shove a gun in everyone's face to prove it is a right. A rally with 1000 people makes sense to me. A crazy guy with a shotgun in the middle of Beaverton or the Coast is likely not concerned with his rights. Just a fun way to get attention for them...maybe sometimes arrested and then they can scream about how wronged they have been.
It is their right to have it but it is conflicting as when I do see the guy I want to take his right away and crack him over the head with it.

There's a guy in Hillsboro that seems to do the same thing as the Beaverton shotgun guy. He walks up and down Cornell Rd, making sure to walk right past the Hillsboro PD east precinct. Sometimes he is in cammies, sometimes he's dressed normal, sometimes all in black. Every time I've seen him he had what looked to be a synthetic stocked scoped bolt action rifle. You know - the perfect defensive firearm to defend against a close quarters attack - if that close quarters attack is by a deranged doe or a berserk buck.

And 40 I thank you for doing your part when needed. I applaud it when the weapon and person stop violence or illegal activities from occurring or continuing, it takes intelligence and a cool head to do so.

To answer your question, " Should that guy have a right to own a gun...or the guy in your town?" In a word yes, up until the point where they have committed a crime or act that warrants otherwise.

Laws are passed daily that make no sense to those that have sense, and there are way too many on the books already. all it takes is for more representatives, senators and congressmen to hear from more constituents to pass more, just ask the legal carrying folks in Mult., Clack., and Wash. counties if their rights have not been under attack almost constantly. Why? because of the mindset of the general populace of those areas. It wasn't always that way, I know I grew up there.

A kid could walk to a friends house or other place carrying a BB gun and never receive much more than a cursory glance, not so any longer.

Do I like it? Hell no, do I understand why? Yes. Folks never indoctrinated into the ways of hunting, shooting and just firearms in general have moved in from unnamed (down south) states and they flat don't, didn't ever get it and perhaps never will.

But through education and actions of those responsible for their own actions its possible to turn those such as the bus driver you mentioned to an open eyed and ears position, and as such they in turn tell others.

Thats the exact opposite of what I see taking place through the actions of those that insist upon their rights to do what these aforementioned gentlemen are doing, and to them and those that pound their chests and scream, BUT THATS MY RIGHT, I have a question,,,, Hows that working out for Them, You, Me, and US so far?

I completely agree. The problem with the "THATS MY RIGHT" people is that most of them are ignorant to the point that they truly believe scare tactics do any good. Ignorance is bliss and they go to bed thinking they are the ones protecting our right even though in reality they are doing exactly what anti gun folks want.
I will never understand these people that have to shove a gun in everyone's face to prove it is a right. A rally with 1000 people makes sense to me. A crazy guy with a shotgun in the middle of Beaverton or the Coast is likely not concerned with his rights. Just a fun way to get attention for them...maybe sometimes arrested and then they can scream about how wronged they have been.
It is their right to have it but it is conflicting as when I do see the guy I want to take his right away and crack him over the head with it.

Well said guys.

For those that think the best way to support the 2nd Amendment is to strap on an AR/AK, strap a camera on their head, a chip on their shoulder, and parade around town to make their point, I'd like to ask this: I wonder if you'd be so brazen about defending your 1st Amendment rights. So I'd like to propose a little test for those that think overtly public displays of the expression of their rights is the best way to win the battle for your rights. Go somewhere where you're likely to encounter a large group of black Americans. While you're there, start shouting the 'N' word at the top of your lungs. Then, when someone approaches you about your actions, stand there and proudly proclaim your 1st Amendment rights. Because, you have the right to do just that. It's not illegal. It would be remarkably stupid, but wouldn't be illegal - and it is your right. My guess is those same folks that don't think their actions harm/scare/incite others when they carry a rifle in certain public places would never, ever think of doing what I just suggested. Why? Because they know it would be a foolish thing to do. It goes against any kind of rational thought - because there would be negative consequences to that action. But when we try to tell them they're basically doing the same thing to our 2nd Amendment rights they say F*CK YOU! I have my rights! I won't compromise! When all they're doing is making it harder on the rest of us to keep the rights we have.

We need to win the support of people from all sides if we want to stop the flow of anti-gun legislation. We can't do this alone or even as a minority. We need majority support for the 2nd amendment, it's the only way to stop legislators - prove to them that the majority will not stand for anti-gun legislation and they will back down. They want votes and the only reason they're going down this road right now is that the polls tell them it's the way to go. Re-election is their only real goal. Prove to them that Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents and any others all support 2nd amendment rights, and they will back down. We just need to find a way to convince them to support the 2nd, and I dare say that shoving a rifle in their faces isn't the way to do that.

There is very little I can get at Target that I can't get at:

Winco
Costco
Amazon

I can't remember the last time I went into Target for something - maybe 3 years ago.

I go into Walmart maybe once a year.

Winco and Costco and sometimes Amazon are where I do my shopping (and yes, I know Amazon is kind of anti-gun, but then they don't have a "don't bring your gun in our store" policy either and they have a lot of gun stuff in their online store).
Amazon has a store?
Costco? Contributors to this administration, supporters of minimum wage and our wonderful health care! Directly or indirectly, we all have blood on our hands I suppose. I'll admit my wallet tends to out vote my brain.

Yes, Amazon has a store - right here: amazon.com :D

Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes - they all have similar stores in addition to their "brick and mortar" stores.

If we stopped shopping at any store or doing business with a corporation that we didn't agree with politically, most of us would starve and be out of a job. :rolleyes:

start shouting the 'N' word at the top of your lungs. Then, when someone approaches you about your actions, stand there and proudly proclaim your 1st Amendment rights. Because, you have the right to do just that. It's not illegal. It would be remarkably stupid, but wouldn't be illegal - and it is your right. .
I'm not having issue with the gist of your post, but I'm not so sure about this detail. Depending the color of the shouter, this word may have been moved into the "Hate Crime" category and therefor not protected speech. But then, I'm ignorant, as I don't know all the laws and we all know that's no excuse.

I'm not having issue with the gist of your post, but I'm not so sure about this detail. Depending the color of the shouter, this word may have been moved into the "Hate Crime" category and therefor not protected speech. But then, I'm ignorant, as I don't know all the laws and we all know that's no excuse.

I'm not aware of anyone being accused of a hate crime for using the word - if that were the case, a lot of people would be in trouble. Of course it's a somewhat ridiculous idea in the first place, but it's intent is to demonstrate a point - that just because we can do something, doesn't necessarily mean we should - that the consequences of that action may be far worse than expressing that freedom/right in the first place.

I think the whole idea is just how stupid these people are displaying their rights in the manor they do. Yes you can scream at a black cop even but just cause it is your right does not change the beat down coming.
There are a lot of people that think they are helping fellow gun owners while in reality they are destroying our chances at winning over people on the fence. The only way to get anyone off the fence is to show that the majority of us are peaceful people willing to accept that there are bad people and stand up to them while others cannot or will not.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top