JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it's me, but never thought stripping the MKI was that big of a deal. Need a string or piece of thin wire and a rubber mallet though... string for the catch on the back of the handgrip and the mallet to knock the receiver assembly loose (admittedly the first time I did that the assembly fell on my knee just wrong and hurt like a mother! LOL!). Get past that part of it and it's pretty much AK simplicity.

I can't speak for the other pistols mentioned, but one thing about the Ruger MK series is that you can pretty much turn them into anything you want!

Had a number of the rugers, great guns, you just have to have some mechanical aptitude when it comes to assembly and disassembly the first few times.

My next 22 will probably be one of the Sig Classics, probably a 220, and then a 45 conversion for it. Pricey, yes, but you can't beat the quality and the conversion factor.

Beats the price of the Hammerli olympic pistol I really want.

I have had a walther P22 and it was great to play with but I will never recommend one due to the difficulty of the reassembly of the slide and barrel. It's a fun gun but don't buy one.

I suspect the OP has made his choice by now, but for my .02, I traded a .22/45 (which I loved to shoot) with Volquartzen parts and aquired a SR22. The SR22 is hands down more fun than the .22/45. Easier to load, easier to field strip and not nearly so picky on ammo. I've tried a bunch of different brands and it eats them all. It just goes and goes until the ammo is gone. The only problems I've had is ammo related. I added a CT CMR 201 laser to mine and now it's fast as well as accurate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top