JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The constant reminder at the account progress (new format thing) shamed me into this. I've been a member here for several years, just bolted into conversation without introduction. I was a refugee from another, smaller forum that didn't survive the Facebook emigration. But I'm glad to be here, with a wider membership with more going on.

I'm a retiree, worked in three different agencies as a federal employee for 36 years. US Army service in Vietnam 19 months, after that a member of Army National Guard for six years.

My interest in guns dates from about age 10. My dad took me shooting with borrowed .22's from my cousin. I started buying my own guns in my teens, kept at it. I've owned a lot of guns, they came and went. Now I'm in a reduction mode due to age and health issues but I'm still interested in shooting and get around to it fairly regularly. I've been seriously reloading my own centerfire ammo for about 35 years. However, I started reloading shot shells about 45 years ago. About that same time, I loaded some 8mm Mauser and 7.7mm Japanese using the old Lee loaders but that was just dabbling.

I was a collector for a long time, concentrated on German WW1 and WW2 rifles and pistols for about 15 years. There was a dormant period for a decade or so while we were raising three children, then my interest got serious again. This time around, I was more into shooting than collecting. But a person can be both and I guess that was me. I didn't really have a theme for collecting the second time around, just bought quality guns that I liked.

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Thanks for your continued service to our great nation.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top