JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You LEO's almost always video and audio tape the Citizens. It helps you to prove your case against the Citizens.

The Citizens occasionally video and audio tape you LEO's. It helps the Citizens prove their case against you.

Win win situation.

What you got to hide? If nothing, then why cant we look/video and audio tape? Scared of something?

Where is that going on? I've been a cop for over ten years and never been coerced into backing up someone's story. With 20 years as a cop, can you give me an example for a bad cop coercing you?

It happens all over the place. some departments and regions are more known for it than others. But you misread my comment. I'm not a LEO. I've worked with Le in a variety of functions for those years. I have witnessed exactly two incidents where someone stepped way, WAY over the line. Both were covered up, though the guy in question (same guy both times) soon was asked to resign (or be fired). Last I heard he was working in another nearby jurisdiction.

I won't call you a liar, but I will say your experience in ten years belies what I've seen and heard from a lot of officers I know. Perhaps your mistaking what I mean by coerced. "Pressured" may be a better word for it.

It happens all over the place. some departments and regions are more known for it than others. But you misread my comment. I'm not a LEO. I've worked with Le in a variety of functions for those years. I have witnessed exactly two incidents where someone stepped way, WAY over the line. Both were covered up, though the guy in question (same guy both times) soon was asked to resign (or be fired). Last I heard he was working in another nearby jurisdiction.

I won't call you a liar, but I will say your experience in ten years belies what I've seen and heard from a lot of officers I know. Perhaps your mistaking what I mean by coerced. "Pressured" may be a better word for it.

Or they just don't want to admit that their job force/coworkers have some serious issues with the inability to tell the truth consistantly.

And how many of us have friends that are officers who brag about what they have gotten away with? People are getting fed up with all the power trips and thats part of Way all the violence. If I treat an officer with respect why should it not be given back? For the last 6 or 7 years all I get is attitude like its us vs. them. Personally that sucks. I for one have always felt I would jump in to help a cop who needed help if he was having problems. Now after what I have seen I figure they are on there own. Why get involved when they would end up making me the bad guy. There loss mine.

This commenter hits the nail on the head.

"caeron October 31, 2011 at 9:50PM

We need legislation to fix this.

No cop exercising his public duties should EVER have an expectation of privacy. It ought to be our right to record them whenever and wherever they are. If the cops don't like it, the solution is for them to act professionally at all times which is what they should be doing."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top