JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just ordered some AK47 mags from Carolina Shooters Supply. I have bought stuff form CSS in the past and it's always been a good experience. I thought some of you might be interested in the new TAPCO smooth side Bulgarian style 30 round polymer mags. At this time they only appear to be selling just the black mags. I guess there are five different colors (Orange, plum, red, black, and FDE) these mags come in.

You can also use cupon code "CSS" and get 5% off your order. I got six mags with shipping and it was $125.

<broken link removed>

Note sure if I would pay $20 for them, but the Tapco smooth side 7.62x39 mags are great. Way better than their older, ugly ribbed design. They aren't steel reinforced, but I've dropped and thrown them fully loaded, including directly onto the feed lips, run over them, etc. and they hold up just fine.

Yeah I didn't wanna pay $20 but I dig the way they look and it's actually a nice mag. With the way things are, I was lucky to find them. Last time I was at Willamette Valley, the guy behind the counter was a bit smug so I think it's gonna be a while till I go back.

I took one of my TAPCO mags apart and it's pretty solid. I got several metal mill spec mags and those are my "go to war" mags. These TAPCO mags are just for range, tight fit, and looks.

I have the orange slabsides... they look great with the standard AK wood furniture...

people dish Tapco, but mine has been flaweless...

initially they are tight in the magwell but a few repeated insertions will shave enough to make them snug...

Yeah I didn't wanna pay $20 but I dig the way they look and it's actually a nice mag. With the way things are, I was lucky to find them. Last time I was at Willamette Valley, the guy behind the counter was a bit smug so I think it's gonna be a while till I go back.

I took one of my TAPCO mags apart and it's pretty solid. I got several metal mill spec mags and those are my "go to war" mags. These TAPCO mags are just for range, tight fit, and looks.

Biggie, I've noticed one of the guys (i think he works Sundays) is a little less customer servicey and a little more gruff. I don't mind because I'm like that too in a CS job. The owner on the other hand is there during the week and will roll over backwards to help you. I had talked to him about the Coyote Derby back in the beginning of Jan for probably 20 minutes, he let me check out the Dimension prize rifle, we BS'd, etc. I've never bought a gun there but, some ammo, and had two friends bring me in to "check out" their rifle before they purchased. Guy stills remembers my name. I'd say give them another chance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top