Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tapatalk...

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by dstoneburg, Feb 11, 2010.

1. dstoneburg

dstoneburg Springfield/Eugene Member

Would it be possible to get Tapatalk installed, found here ( http://tapatalk.com/en/plugin ), basically its a free mod that would allow users of droid/iphone/blackberries to browse the forums in a much finer and faster way then the standard web browser. Thanks!

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'll try to look into this soon ;)

3. browntown

browntown Salem, Oregon, United States Active Member

update? joey?

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I was putting this off until we upgraded the server in order to handle the resource usage of another plug-in. Now that we're on the new server, I'll try to get this installed for a test run this weekend ;)

5. Joe Link

Surprise! It's installed now ;)

6. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

Looking for an update before I download the app is this working or folks on here? Looking to use it on a iphone myself.

Steven

7. Ryo

Ryo WA Member

It's working here. No problems with unread section which is what I have problems with on other sites.

8. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

I am using the RO version and can't see the chat box can anyone verify if I buy the full version will I get acess to the chat box?

Chat box rule!!!!!

9. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

What is tapatalk?

I see it is available for my EVO.

The link in the OP doesn't work.

10. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Off the Tapatalk website:

"Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia. Our app provides you super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin."

I don't understand what this does...........I already have "super-fast" access to the site from my phone.

11. JC9995

JC9995 Greater "Clackamas" Active Member

Sorry to revive an old thread.... but since were on a new version.... is there any chance of activating Tapatalk?

12. Joe Link

Once we get the other issues resolved we'll reinstall Tapatalk ;)

13. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

I tried tapatalk (for iphone) on the last rev of the site, and I hated it. So I went back to using the built-in safari browser, everything was fine except for the "This forum is tapatalk enabled" message I'd get on nearly every page load. If it gets installed again, can you turn down the volume or frequency of those announcements?

14. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

I was using Tapatalk on the last forum version on my iphone and loved it, much easier than Safari to me :)

15. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used Tapatalk on the last version as well on my IPhone. I liked it much better for quick browsing.........I like the regular browser for pictures.

16. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

I don't even bother with Tapatalk myself. I just browse directly. Although I am kinda spoiled with a mod'd HD2 running Android.

17. Joe Link

TapaTalk has been reinstalled :)

18. owdee tt nl

owdee tt nl Edmonds or Renton Member

awesome, works great again

19. ablaut

ablaut Salem(ish), OR Member

Excellent! I've been missing this :)