JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those of you who've been here a while no doubt know that I'm not a fan of TapaTalk from our years dealing with shoddy code and security issues. I've kept the TapaTalk addon around because a some of you are big fans of the app/service, but I'm afraid it's time we remove their software. I won't state specific concerns here, but I will say that I don't feel they are a company on the up and up, and I'd rather not have their software installed on our servers.

I'm committed to making sure our users have a good experience across all platforms. With the way NWFA V3 is shaping up I believe it will serve as a solid replacement, but I need help from end users to be certain. If we can't do it with NWFA V3, we'll raise the funds to have a native app developed, but we'll get it done. The most important thing is that I get opinions and feedback, so we can identify our shortcomings and fix them if possible.

Feel free to discuss your favorite aspects of TapaTalk here in this thread.

Does thin mean that poster will now need to ad the stupid.......

"Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk" ?

Tried it a few times on this forum and on others, I've never liked it, so count my vote for being happy to see it go. I prefer the native environment on my pad anyway.

Does thin mean that poster will now need to ad the stupid.......

"Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk" ?

No, we're taking Tapatalk away. Tapatalk actually added that to the bottom of posts.

Tried it a few times on this forum and on others, I've never liked it, so count my vote for being happy to see it go. I prefer the native environment on my pad anyway.

Back before responsive styling it was really a must-have for mobile devices. Now days we have more and better options. I'll sleep better without it.

I used Tapatalk once but they have more security updates then MS lol.
Plus its not free on user end. Nice to hear there might be a new on specifically for the site cool.:)

Tapatalk was free for me and worked well. The thing I liked most was having all my various forums in one place on my phone.

The problem seems to be with vulnerabilities , and tracking as well as accessing personal info of the forum owners. Pretty scary stuff as well Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML. I stopped using Tapatalk late last year after visa account through pay pay was compromised through a forums paypal add on with Tapatalk. By the way I am not suggesting in the least NWFA was vulnerable, I am saying my experiences show Taptalk looks great on the outside but scary on the inside.

The problem seems to be with vulnerabilities , and tracking as well as accessing personal info of the forum owners. Pretty scary stuff as well Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML. I stopped using Tapatalk late last year after visa account through pay pay was compromised through a forums paypal add on with Tapatalk. By the way I am not suggesting in the least NWFA was vulnerable, I am saying my experiences show Taptalk looks great on the outside but scary on the inside.

This couldn't be more accurate. In addition, their new terms allowed them full access to our databases as well as permission to spam our members via email.

No, we're taking Tapatalk away. Tapatalk actually added that to the bottom of posts.

That was a joke Joe.....I hated the Tapatalk ad on the bottom of the page. I STILL, after all this time, read the damn thing! Glad to see it go, wish ifish would do the same thing.

This couldn't be more accurate. In addition, their new terms allowed them full access to our databases as well as permission to spam our members via email.
Wow access to the database, Joe doesnt that mean potentially they could copy all of it. I realize they DB is password protected but with access to it well hacking it wouldn't be far. Joe I think you made a very wise choice I didnt know on the server end how far it went gees ! No wonder you pulled the plug.
Thats pretty crazy stuff.

Wow access to the database, Joe doesnt that mean potentially they could copy all of it. I realize they DB is password protected but with access to it well hacking it wouldn't be far. Joe I think you made a very wise choice I didnt know on the server end how far it went gees ! No wonder you pulled the plug.
Thats pretty crazy stuff.

They wouldn't need to hack it, they could simply copy it :confused:

Uuugh, that nasty thing. So irritating. Glad you are distancing yourself from it.

Joe Link: I am one of those who strongly supported TapaTalk these past few years. It is very convenient to access all of my member forums through one site.

However, reading your comments, I have just learned of the vulnerabilities and security risks brought by TapaTalk. Also, I would be very offended (like you) if TT asked me (the site owner) for permission to spam members, copy code, &c.

I have just removed TT from my phone, for good. Thank you for the head's up.

By the way, there IS a market for a TapaTalk replacement. I would pay for it, up to $10.

Well if you are going to remove the option for using tapatalk (I happen to really like the format, its very convenient through out the day to check) is there another app that you could look into adding to the site. Cause quite frankly I'm not going to view it on my phone browser.

Right now we're focusing on the new version of NWFA, Version 3. The new version performs much, much better on tablets and mobile devices. As much as I'd like a standalone app, there's no way we could afford the development costs. Once NWFA V3 goes live we'll reassess where we're still lacking and go from there :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top