JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I needed a clearing of the palette if you will after the disaster that was the Tabuk barrel (more on that later), so I decided to try and put together a kit I had lying around – a Polish Tantal. The Tantal, or karabinek wz. 1988, is a select fire version of the AK-74. Unlike the AK-74, the fire mode is determined by a selector on the left side of the weapon. This selector has three settings: fully automatic fire (the “C”-marked position), semi-automatic fire (“P”) and 3-round burst fire mode (“S”). Like other AK variants, it has the standard bar safety on the right hand side of the receiver. Because of the unique fire control group, the trigger assembly and receiver are a bit different than normal AK-74 variants. I used the NoDak Spud Model NDS-2T receiver for my Tantal build because it is actually set up for the left hand selector. Unlike the Tabuk build, this is as close to a “shake and bake” job as I’ve ever done on an AK build. Everything just seemed to fall into place.

tantalcomplete.jpg

Full details here: <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews