JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Background Check applies to all named Responsible Persons. Successor Trustees (those whom you will leave behind your firearms and accessories when you assume room temperature) are not Responsible Persons and do not have to undergo the BGC, unless you specifically name them as a Responsible Person.

Got mine at Sporting Systems after reading through several lengthy threads on Trusts. Painless apart from the $200 but well worth it.

Oh, and I've bought a couple firearms from them as well.

Last I read is you now are required to get printed and mug shot and get an LE to sign off. I got mine a few years ago for a SBR and Supressor and didn't need to, when I did a couple form 1's

Last I read is you now are required to get printed and mug shot and get an LE to sign off. I got mine a few years ago for a SBR and Supressor and didn't need to, when I did a couple form 1's

I didn't have to get signed off. Mine was done six months ago. So unless this is something new you don't have to.

Edit: You might have to in Florida but not here. Just noticed where you are from. ;)

LE sign off went away under 41F, July 2016. Its just LE notification now. All responsible parties on a trust, or the individual, have to complete the responsible party form, fingerprints and photos with each submission.

LE sign off went away under 41F, July 2016. Its just LE notification now. All responsible parties on a trust, or the individual, have to complete the responsible party form, fingerprints and photos with each submission.

I can't remember, if I want to add a responsible party to my trust (one I got from you folks) after I've already purchased an NFA item on the trust, what do I have to do? Do they then have to go through a process to get added as a responsible person?

I got my trust several years ago for $75, mainly to avoid the hassle of prints, LE signoff etc. and to pass the stuff on when I'm gone. I heard it changed somewhat but I wasn't sure what. I prob wouldn't bother with it now. Figures when something works well for us the govt feels the need to change it. Thanks for the info.

I can't remember, if I want to add a responsible party to my trust (one I got from you folks) after I've already purchased an NFA item on the trust, what do I have to do? Do they then have to go through a process to get added as a responsible person?

You'll add a temporary trustee, not a responsible party. No need to do anything with a trustee. There is no compelling reason to add a responsible party, you have a successor grantors listed and

Aren't there two ways to do this ?
One requires LE sign-off and one does not ?
The rules changed a while ago. Now the CLEO sign off isn't required for individual purchase, but everyone on the trust has to submit photos and fingerprints along with a copy of the trust so they all undergo the ATF background check.

You just provide the CLEO with a copy of the Form you sent in.

The rules changed a while ago. Now the CLEO sign off isn't required for individual purchase, but everyone on the trust has to submit photos and fingerprints along with a copy of the trust so they all undergo the ATF background check.

Including the photos and fingerprints or just the form ?

According to the responses from Sporting Systems (see a few posts above), and based on their trust (which I have), it depends on the position of the persons in the trust - if they are a "responsible party" in the trust, yes, they have to submit. You can have temporary trustees and successor grantors on the trust that don't have to submit. That's per them, and that's what I experienced when I submitted for my suppressors. So really, it depends on what position the people in the trust hold, as to whether or not they have to submit fingerprints and photos.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top