JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NRA's American Rifleman had a feature article on the Tavor this week. They quoted the MSRP at $1999 and $2599 for the IDF model. I think the only difference is the Meprolight Mepro M21 optic on the IDF version. I already saw someone trying to sell theirs on the forum or 2600.

Haven't heard anything back from the rep in awhile so I might call and ask this week.

On the FiveSevenforum a guy showed how easy it is to lighten up the trigger by 1/3 just by removing a trigger reset spring (which apparently is a redundant part that makes the trigger pull initially a whopping 14lbs). Also, 2-3 sources say the trigger gets lighter once you put 600 or so rounds through it, down to about 11.

Wow!!! 14lbs is quite a heavy trigger pull......

Very interesting gun. I have been wanting a bullpup for a while.

I still prefer the AUG. It is just a personal thing. I have been in love with that gun since I was a kid.

I tend to be more concerned by weight than size and the Tavor doesn't seem to offer any weight savings over your typical AR or AKM. Which I guess is surprising given how plastic-y the Tavor looks. Not for me I guess.

I have a black 18" barreled one for sale.

Can you get one with the 18.5" barrel ('designated marksman version')? Up in Canada the Tavor is considered 'non-restricted' with the 18.5" barrel, meaning you aren't limited to shooting at ranges only. I'm thinking about buying one to take with me when I go up north for work. I don't want to take an AR (which are 'restricted') so this would let me get two birds stoned at once. ;-)

EDIT: It's the Tavor TAR-21 and this is why Canadians love them: IWI Tavor TAR-21 Rifle ? Canadian Civilian Imports

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to be more concerned by weight than size and the Tavor doesn't seem to offer any weight savings over your typical AR or AKM. Which I guess is surprising given how plastic-y the Tavor looks. Not for me I guess.
It's does sound heavy, but when you pick it up, move, and fire it's more balanced then any rifle I've used including SBR AR's. Because how balanced it is it feels lighter then my 6 and a half pound AR. I was able to hit 3 out of 5 2 foot targets at 300yds standing with one hand. Plus it's shorter then a 10" SBR AR with it's stock all the way collapsed.

I actually got the call about a month ago for a Tavor that freed up. Unfortunately, I was in the process of purchasing a house (which fell through), so I couldn't bite on it. However, it looks like Cope's Distributing is doing another round of pre-orders though for $1999. That's just a little bit over what someone was charging for a new P90 on the Rifle Classifieds! Looking forward to hearing more comments about the gun.

I picked up my Tavor at the local gun shop I use for transfers this afternoon, got home and ran 25 rounds through it, functioned perfectly. I'll run some more ammo through it next week and I'll post some pictures then too.

I picked up my Tavor at the local gun shop I use for transfers this afternoon, got home and ran 25 rounds through it, functioned perfectly. I'll run some more ammo through it next week and I'll post some pictures then too.

If you find the trigger pull is too heavy, you can remove the positive return spring w/o any negative impact to operation. It is supposedly there to overcome sand/grit contamination of the middle east. If you are interested, look up "Military Arms Channel" (MAC) on YouTube, Tim has a great segment on his Tavor concerning it.

What I like about the Tavor is that AFAIK it uses all makes of AR15 magazines... I'm adding one of these to my "wish list" for after I get a few bills paid off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top