JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was recently watching a Shotshow 2013 video of the IWI Tivor, and was wondering if anyone is aware of distributors or dealers in the area that are looking to carry it/pre-order it. I know some pre-orders are being shipped late February and early March but that's about all I know. Anyone interested in getting their hands on this gun? Thoughts on value? (~$1999 for a Bullpup) I'd love to see how they feel.

Nutnfancy SHOT 2013: IWI Tavor Bullpup

My favorite part was the rail integrated back up iron sights. Freaking genius.
Ever since the video I've wanted one, thought perhaps we'd see some this summer.. But now I don't know.
I heard the cost would be in the $2000 range?! And at the time I laughed and said I could buy two ARs and roughly two AKs for that price.. Now not so much.

If you do endup getting your hands on one I'll be green with envy.

I plan on picking one up. $2k isn't entirely outrageous. The FS2000 was around $2k when it was released, then slowly dropped to $1500-$1600 pre-panic. Supposedly the Tavor has better ergonomics (AUG style release, bolt hold-open) and a better trigger. If the price stays below $2k I'll pick one up as soon as the guinea pigs work through the initial kinks.

I had a STG-556 for a while and like bullpups. I think the mag release and bolt release looks like the best system yet. The problem still remains that if the need arises you can't just switch shoulders and fire from your other hand without eating casings. Only the FS2000 had that scenario covered with its casing torpedo tube thingy. I doubt the first ones will be at or around $2K. Remember the Bushmaster ACR and the SCAR prices. Now, they will be off the charts initially and still unreasonable for most after more come in. Even if things settle down you don't even have competitive manufacturing like the AR platform to bring the prices down. I do like how some new stuff is coming out though. If I want to play bullpup I have my PS90 Stargate gun... :)

I'm in on the bullpupforum.com group buy for the Tavor. March can't come fast enough. Selling my PS90 to pay for the Tavor.

On bullpupforum a member said Ben's Loan in Renton will special order it. He said "Special Order means they will TRY to get one for you after it's release, the wait time will be much longer than the Pre-order and there is possibility they may not get it at all. The deposit is $400."

Not my words, his. If you're interested give them a ring ring.

I'm sure this gun will go for big bucks in the beginning, far more then the 2K list price.

I have a contact in Copes Distributing that is working with the IWI for a bunch of pre-orders and eventual orders, I will give her a call tomorrow and see what the cost looks like. I am pretty sure it was at the 2k range with a 250+ person waiting list. There is also a left handed bolt that you can get for the Tavor for a bit extra (sucks when you're left handed like me). I recently watched another YouTube video of the Tavor in action up in Canada, and the owner switched shoulders without any 'casings in the face' issues. That's always a concern of mine with any bullpup design (as a lefty).

I'm in on the bullpupforum.com group buy for the Tavor. March can't come fast enough. Selling my PS90 to pay for the Tavor.

On bullpupforum a member said Ben's Loan in Renton will special order it. He said "Special Order means they will TRY to get one for you after it's release, the wait time will be much longer than the Pre-order and there is possibility they may not get it at all. The deposit is $400."

Not my words, his. If you're interested give them a ring ring.

I'm sure this gun will go for big bucks in the beginning, far more then the 2K list price.

A guy on youtube got his in on friday. So they're already being shipped. Probably depends on your pre order date right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEY1XdQf_JA

If anyone else is interested in getting on the waiting list for the Tavor, you can ask for Melissa at Copes Distributing. Her number is 866-523-2673 ext. 203. Her hours are M-F 9a-5:30p EST. When I called an operator answered and I had them transfer me to her. She said that if they run out of Tavors they might do another pre-order list with IWI. If you call, have an idea what type Tavor you want to be put on the list for. 16.5" or 18" barrel, flat top (or short rail I think), and what color (black or tan). You can also tell her if you want a left handed bolt or any conversion kits.

If you are lucky enough to get a call as they move down the list, you're not required to purchase the rifle. You can always tell them no thanks, so it doesn't hurt to get on the list if you're interested and make that purchasing decision when and if you have the opportunity to.

If anyone else is interested in getting on the waiting list for the Tavor, you can ask for Melissa at Copes Distributing. Her number is 866-523-2673 ext. 203. Her hours are M-F 9a-5:30p EST. When I called an operator answered and I had them transfer me to her. She said that if they run out of Tavors they might do another pre-order list with IWI. If you call, have an idea what type Tavor you want to be put on the list for. 16.5" or 18" barrel, flat top (or short rail I think), and what color (black or tan). You can also tell her if you want a left handed bolt or any conversion kits.

If you are lucky enough to get a call as they move down the list, you're not required to purchase the rifle. You can always tell them no thanks, so it doesn't hurt to get on the list if you're interested and make that purchasing decision when and if you have the opportunity to.

Any idea how long/deep the list is?

I am like:

shut-up-and-take-my-money_zpsa9ff3d26.jpg

I can't quite remember the wait list but it was somewhere at 250 when I signed up. Having a big wait list also helps them get more Tavors produced for distribution, so I figure it'll be worth it in the end. MAC on YouTube seems to love the Tavor so far, being one of the few media members to have one right now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top