JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this email from Oregon outdoor council today

"Hey Kyle,

We've received credible information that the USFS is working with Oregon Gov. Kate Brown to declare a state of emergency and close public access to forest land due to fire danger. With approximately 30 days remaining in the fire season, this would shut down the youth season that is ongoing and the upcoming bow season.
We're encouraging all hunters to immediately call Gov. Brown's office (503) 378-4582 and respectfully request that forest land remains open as long as there is no imminent danger to human health and safety.
Happy Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping,

Dominic Aiello
President"

Unfortunately it's not the unelected runt of a governor that'll get you... it'll be an OSP Game Warden. o_O
how would ODFW justify taking away my elk tag i already purchased? reimburse me? for all my the new gear i bought? all the game cam batteries?all the time, effort and preparation i have put in maintaining the area of which i hunt? odfw has been overrun with liberals. it was once there to protect our hunting and fishing rights only to now be taken away little by little. every year it seems as if there is another regulation making it harder to do what we love

im proud to be hawaiian but sometimes i wish i was native american. gosh, talk about huntin and fishin man.

ive never had a camp fire during archery season. i dont know anybody who does. you have to get close to the game and when you smell like a campfire that can be quite the task.

There's something about "closing" "public land" that pisses me off. If "we the people" own it - then "we the people" should be able to enjoy it. "public" land I cannot enjoy or access is land I don't give a rat's arse about, honestly. As outdoorsmen we're stewards of the land and the game and the fish - to be told by some pant wetting bliss ninny or bowl smoking hippie sitting in a desk in Salem or Washington that we' can't hike, hunt, fish, or otherwise enjoy god's country for any reason is wrong.

It's bad enough that "we the people" are full of slobs that the rest of us must keep watch over and clean up after, but our elected alleged representatives and otherwise appointed people or position usurpers have been doing their damnedest to cut off the land to fishing and hunting and shooting sports and it's been going on for years.

They already have regulations in effect for no camp fires, no smoking, restrictions on shooting, OHV use, etc. They don't need to shut off access entirely for someone walking through the woods with a bow and arrow trying to collect some meat! Last I checked - bow & arrow don't create sparks or fires when used. I've never, ever heard of a person starting a fire by missing their shot with a bow and striking a rock and starting an inferno.

It's going to be bad enough for hunters with the hot, dry weather. The animals will be bedded and not moving during the day - especially the hottest part of the day. When they are moving they're going to be looking for shady areas and water - just like people. The hunters will have to travel further, park further away most likely - can't park on the grass because your catalytic converter or exhaust pipe will start a forest fire. Everything is dry and crunchy - try sneaking through that stuff. Just walking across my front yard sounds like I'm snapping a pile of twigs - it's going to be hell trying to be stealthy enough to get within a clean archery shot range when every step you take is "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH SNAP POP SNAP CRUNCH" - it would have to be a deaf, dumb, and blind animal not to run away from such nonsense.

And then to think of possible meat spoilage due to the heat, having to pack out the animal from where it dies to the truck - yeah this year's hunting seasons will be bad enough without the ninnies in Salem closing "public" lands. I can't imagine any of the private timber companies being excited about letting the public onto their lands during "extreme fire danger" season - so effectively if Kate Brown or the ODF shuts down the forests - they are shutting down all of hunting. Which is probably exactly what Katie and her cronies want anyway. I can't see them letting black powder season go on if there's not a lot of rain first - maybe not even the first centerfire hunts. Maybe by November or December they'll consider letting us peons back into the woods if they can get away with shutting them down.

This - like ODFW's blanket stream closures - is another government over-reach.

There's something about "closing" "public land" that pisses me off. If "we the people" own it - then "we the people" should be able to enjoy it. "public" land I cannot enjoy or access is land I don't give a rat's arse about, honestly. As outdoorsmen we're stewards of the land and the game and the fish - to be told by some pant wetting bliss ninny or bowl smoking hippie sitting in a desk in Salem or Washington that we' can't hike, hunt, fish, or otherwise enjoy god's country for any reason is wrong.

It's bad enough that "we the people" are full of slobs that the rest of us must keep watch over and clean up after, but our elected alleged representatives and otherwise appointed people or position usurpers have been doing their damnedest to cut off the land to fishing and hunting and shooting sports and it's been going on for years.

They already have regulations in effect for no camp fires, no smoking, restrictions on shooting, OHV use, etc. They don't need to shut off access entirely for someone walking through the woods with a bow and arrow trying to collect some meat! Last I checked - bow & arrow don't create sparks or fires when used. I've never, ever heard of a person starting a fire by missing their shot with a bow and striking a rock and starting an inferno.

It's going to be bad enough for hunters with the hot, dry weather. The animals will be bedded and not moving during the day - especially the hottest part of the day. When they are moving they're going to be looking for shady areas and water - just like people. The hunters will have to travel further, park further away most likely - can't park on the grass because your catalytic converter or exhaust pipe will start a forest fire. Everything is dry and crunchy - try sneaking through that stuff. Just walking across my front yard sounds like I'm snapping a pile of twigs - it's going to be hell trying to be stealthy enough to get within a clean archery shot range when every step you take is "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH SNAP POP SNAP CRUNCH" - it would have to be a deaf, dumb, and blind animal not to run away from such nonsense.

And then to think of possible meat spoilage due to the heat, having to pack out the animal from where it dies to the truck - yeah this year's hunting seasons will be bad enough without the ninnies in Salem closing "public" lands. I can't imagine any of the private timber companies being excited about letting the public onto their lands during "extreme fire danger" season - so effectively if Kate Brown or the ODF shuts down the forests - they are shutting down all of hunting. Which is probably exactly what Katie and her cronies want anyway. I can't see them letting black powder season go on if there's not a lot of rain first - maybe not even the first centerfire hunts. Maybe by November or December they'll consider letting us peons back into the woods if they can get away with shutting them down.

This - like ODFW's blanket stream closures - is another government over-reach.

It's another reason why I might be leaving this state:(

Yeah "we the people" own it,use it LITTER on it,make stupid mistakes on it.
Just because the majority of the hunters do good and use their brains out there, doesn't mean the 3,4,5% that are stupid won't EFF it up for everyone.
Unfortunately those are the ones they have to protect the forrest from
Yeah the ones who may be poaching too

I do not believe those bureaucrats would even take my call; it is a fallacy to think any of those "intellectuals" give a damn about what we think, unless it suits there agenda....

They are always on the lookout for reasons to take more of our freedoms away; any excuse to preserve the land for future generations.....to be restricted from using.....o_O

Their minds are already made-up; narcisstic power...there AUTHORITY! :mad:

Still, they let people climb mountains and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars (and risking lives) rescuing them....they hand out Oregon Trail cards, but I seriously-doubt they would reimburse hunters...they will pursue a would-be fire restriction violator with more effort than they would an illegal alien or a vicious pit bull. Their trees are more important than people.

My 217R tag (Stott Mtn cow in late Nov-early Dec) and my small woodlot is looking better and better....

I'll consider making the call anyway.

Addendum: I cannot see how the "governor" would have much authority over NF lands.

Last Edited:
NF lands would be managed by the USFS - not Ore Dept of Forestry. Katie doesn't have any authority over federal lands, but she certainly can tell the ODF director a thing or three - for good or for bad

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top