JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I get an AR pistol?

• YES

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • NO

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
I thought an AR pistol was the most asinine thing I ever heard of. ... then I built one as a ridiculous item to take to rallies to add some color and sense of humor. I frickin love the stupid thing. Light, fast, fun And as accurate as I need it to be. With that said I think if doing a pistol with a practical purpose and you are going to pack it, Go with a 7-8" barrel of high quality. My good friend has a bunch of 10-11" type and there a front heavy tank in pistol for and a brace is a absolute.

tmp_26388-20150312_183212-1104769512.jpg

Sure, there may be other priorities....

Some other items may need to be checked off the list; in no particular order...:D

AR (rifle), hunting rifles, shotguns, pistols (all types), repair parts, reloading equipment and supplies, lots of ammo for each, body-armor, gen4 night vision devices, CBR detectors, gas mask, potassium iodide, colloidal silver, water purifier, a bunch of food, cash/PM, comms (HF receiver, ham, cb, mgrs), automatic weapon, tear gas, medical supplies, other things not to be illustrated..

Last Edited:
AR Pistols are great, as long as you don't expect them to be exactly like rifles. Built mine with a Rainier Arms lower + ALG Defense trigger & a 10.5 Radical Firearms upper I got through Primary Arms. Currently has a Thordsen Custom buffer tube cover which some people find ugly, but I like the extra storage and I wanted something different than a SIG brace or Shockwave brace. Very comfy to shoot, plenty accurate.

I also have M92 with the brace adapter ("AK Pistol") and I enjoy shooting that one too. Way louder than my AR pistol, but that's because it's chambered in 7.62x39.

I think the biggest advantage of any AR pistol or AK pistol is you can share mags with your rifles (along with certain internal parts). AR and AK magazines are cheap, but it's nice to not have to go out and buy 10 new mags for say, a SIG MPX (whose mags are super expensive).

P2177027.JPG

Last Edited:
If I could think of another AR thing I need I'd get it. Ive got 5K loaded ammo and another 5K worth of supplies to load more plus 40 or so pounds of powder and 10K primers. 60 or so mags , 3 complete SBR's and a pistol and a few extra top ends. thats just the AR's.

Its going to happen. Oregon is next. Then Washington. It will be California style registration and it will happen soon.

I built one with the Aero Precision Upper and a Anderson lower, it's only 6 inches shorter, but it is intended for the wife and Home defense Its not really going out so she can use it as she needs if she ever needs it,

On a note about SBRs that I did not notice in the thread (might have missed it) SBRs require Federal Permission to cross state lines, AR Pistols do not.

I was going to go the SBR route, then when all the cost in time, paperwork, and money I decided a Pistol was just fine.

Its good for up to a year and on the dates needed even they recommend you put one full calendar year.. They say its supposed to be for one location in the state but they really have no say so once you are in the state. I shoot in Washington a lot and the last one I sent in I filed as a joke really. I used the latitude and longitude coordinates of the Canadian border with Washington south to the latitude coordinate of the Oregon border @ Lat: 48.| Long: -124.34 to Lat:48. Long: -117.12 south to Lat:45.70378 encompassing the entire state of Washington. At no time did I believe they would approve that one. It came back Approved..

The original poster wanted to be talked out of an AR pistol, so...I'll try sarcasm....

Yeah...riiight, Great idea, take a perfectly good rifle and cut it down, then add a bunch of stuff back onto it so you can shoot it like it's a mediocre rifle...

The AR pistol....
...essential to carry when riding that HumVee you've chopped up into a motorcycle.

Other than using guilt (and that's your Mom's job)...that's pretty much all I can come up with.

Last Edited:
Excellent video. Crazy the drop was only a couple inches at 200yds. Not surprised at the drop in muzzle velocity between 16" and 7" barrels. Still, ~1900fps is decent velocity out of the 7" barrel.
Edit to add, how the he'll is he not in jail, shouldering a Sig brace like that?! ATF could probably have a pretty easy time grabbing ppl up if they spent five minutes on YouTube.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads