Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Talk me out of a Volquartsen...

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by pslyke, Jan 25, 2010.

1. pslyke

pslyke Portland Active Member

I am selling an AR to a friend and decided the only way I will part with it is if I replace it with a sweet gun (preferably semi auto) that I will use more often.

so I came across Volquartsen and really want a .17 or .22mag. I would definitely use it more than the AR but I'm having a hard time parting with that much $$ for a rimfire. I could buy a couple of nice bolt actions for that price!

Have any opinions on Volquartsen? is it worth alll that money? which caliber would you get and why?

Thanks for the input, gents!

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

Go with the 17hmr if you go with the Volquartsen. You could do a lot of pimpin' to a 10/22 for that kind of cash.

3. gophishhhh

gophishhhh milwaukie Active Member

If you load your own .223 ammo, it wont be much cheaper shooting a .17 or a 22mag, those little rimfires are expensive to shoot. Volquartsen stuff is well made, but very expensive as well. If your looking for a plinker that is cheap to shoot, it is tuff to beat a 22LR..

4. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

I'd have to agree with gofish... as powder burners go, 22LR is the most fun for the $$$.
    Take a look at what they use for rimfire tactical matches. (scroll to the bottom)

C

5. pslyke

pslyke Portland Active Member

thanks for the input gentlemen. I think a good poormans substitute for that 17 gr vmax would be to get the hm2 conversion for my 10/22. But i'm afraid of that round going the way of the dodo bird.

6. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

If the hm2 were to go extinct all you would have to do is switch the gun back to .22lr. For that matter, they make barrels specificly chambered for CCI stingers......