JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've started looking for an Eotech to put on the C8, and now find myself at a dilemma. $378 plus tax is just within my budget's reach... problem is, it's from Sportsman's Guide, who y'all might recall for their mag and ammo gouging in the Panic of '09.

Anybody out there know of anybody reputable selling one new for a comparable price, say around $400 +/- $20 or so, or has SG cleaned up their act?

Thx...

You dead set on an Eotech?
If you want the same reticle, look at a Holosun 503...same 65moa outer with 1moa dot, better battery life and $100 less. I've had one for a year or so, love it.

This is for a clone build, so it kinda has to be right. 512 is one I've considered as an alternate since I don't really need the NV capability and it'll pass until you get close and know exactly what to look for, but then I have to drop another $80-100 for a lower-third riser.

Not trying to disparage anyone's choice for optics, but with my astigmatism I've found a lot of these red dot types to not have a well defined aiming point - often looking like an irregular blob that some say appear like a cluster of grapes. Some people like Vortex while others look the other way. Give their prism style a try. Comparing it against others on display at Cabela's and I couldn't get my billfold out quick enough.

Hmm...

Had no idea Sportsmans Guide was blacklisted.

Bought a whole bunch of stuff thru them, as the price was great & the only source for some things.

Does doing so make me a bad person? Honestly don't care, as it was the right thing to do for my family (savings & availability).

We shop BiMart too...

Not trying to disparage anyone's choice for optics, but with my astigmatism I've found a lot of these red dot types to not have a well defined aiming point - often looking like an irregular blob that some say appear like a cluster of grapes. Some people like Vortex while others look the other way. Give their prism style a try. Comparing it against others on display at Cabela's and I couldn't get my billfold out quick enough.
All well and good for a personal custom build, but the operative word here is CLONE, which means I'm stuck with either a 512, a 552, or a (good LUCK finding one without having to hock a kidney!) Elcan M134. Personally, I've found DI Optical's prisms to work well with my eyes. The "ledge" was referring to this particular vendor, though Scopelist came pretty close at $480 shipped.

ctd is on my 'never buy from' list.

I have a long memory for that 'gouging' time.

sg, I don't recall having done that, not saying they didn't, just don't remember them pulling the same stunt...

ctd is on my 'never buy from' list.

I have a long memory for that 'gouging' time.

sg, I don't recall having done that, not saying they didn't, just don't remember them pulling the same stunt...

Yah, not a fan of cheaper than dirt. Moreso because of there wierd shipping practices, however reputation does play a part.

So, in short, don't keep an eye on them for deals & don't look at them as a reputable supplier.

All well and good for a personal custom build, but the operative word here is CLONE, which means I'm stuck with either a 512, a 552, or a (good LUCK finding one without having to hock a kidney!) Elcan M134. Personally, I've found DI Optical's prisms to work well with my eyes. The "ledge" was referring to this particular vendor, though Scopelist came pretty close at $480 shipped.

I have an older used 552 with LE Only markings I'd trade for a 512...

I had an eotech 512. I did not like it not very clear. I sold it and now I have a vortex spitfire. I really like it much clearer easy to see and less than half the price. My two cents. I know you wanted to build a clone. Having owned and used both the vortex works much better then they EOTech

I've started looking for an Eotech to put on the C8, and now find myself at a dilemma. $378 plus tax is just within my budget's reach... problem is, it's from Sportsman's Guide, who y'all might recall for their mag and ammo gouging in the Panic of '09.

Anybody out there know of anybody reputable selling one new for a comparable price, say around $400 +/- $20 or so, or has SG cleaned up their act?

I have an Eotech 512. It's big, bulky, heavy, and cumbersome for an optic today.

We are approaching Black Friday. You can easily scoop up a Sig Romeo optic. I just got 3 for $100 each. Much better than the Eotech in every important way. And the shake awake saves on battery life too. You can get 4 Romeo optics for the price of 1 Eotech.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top