JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody here ever try to do a clone-correct build? The ledge I referred to was not the optic but the vendor. If the Canadians used Vortex or Sig optics during their Rockpile time I wouldn't have had the dilemma because I'd have shifted accordingly.

@Diamondback

Are you seeing that you can get the 512 from Palmetto State Armory for like $330?

Maybe he is ignoring all of us that have mentioned it? :)

I promise I understand what you are trying to do with the clone thing and am not trying to talk you into a different optic. ;)

I did see that... the 512 is an option, but by the time I add the hundred bucks for a riser to get it up to co-witness height I'm right back at the 552's price anyway, which I believe I previously noted.

If I want a 512, I can get one off the Classifieds here for $300 even.

Anybody here ever try to do a clone-correct build? The ledge I referred to was not the optic but the vendor. If the Canadians used Vortex or Sig optics during their Rockpile time I wouldn't have had the dilemma because I'd have shifted accordingly.
No, but part of that reason is your dilemma here with a $400 optic...
Actually, affordability is the only reason.
Otherwise I'd be much more invested in acogs and NV holographic sights... much like you're seeking.
Maybe more C96's and BHP with correct holster stocks, but you get the idea.

Get the NV model... what's another couple hundred bucks?

The 512 and the 552 are the same height, aren't they? From what I can find, they would both be absolute co-witness.

Again, not trying to talk you out of the right optic. Just trying to help. :)

I agree with @Flymph though. I would get the NV model.

Last Edited:
I have a confession.
I kinda price gouged back then too.:(
I feel really bad about it now in hindsight, but I was really poor and desperate so I can rationalize waiting in line at Walmart at 6 in the morning once a week for my 3 bricks so I could resale it for double the money and hopefully make enough to pay a bill.
Supply and demand. Capitalism. 'Merica:s0094:
In case you actually want talked into jumping... look at it this way.
If they had sold it all at the normal MSRP, guys woulda bought it all up and resold it on AL. One could rationalize the gouging by saying they raised the prices to detour the flippers and insure it was available.

We all did things to survive the FireArmageddon we are not proud of.
Those were dark times.. best left in the past.

Only those of us that have caught the clone bug will truly understand.

At least they still make yours...

I got REALLLY lucky finding a Tan SU-231/PEQ marked Eotech 553 for my Block2 Clone.... long discontinued, and rare to find one in new condition with SU markings... most SU marked eo's are beat up mil surp.
An NWFA member in Portland just happened to have one up and was willing to make a trade for an upper I had. Perfect timing!
I get messaged all the time with people asking if I would sell it.

I think it was mentioned before that the Black Friday sales are coming up, and it might behoove to wait and see what deals may come.

Soapbox counter rant warning ⚠️

Unless a company canceled a pending order, (which is BS) I'm sorry, I don't see the issue. Capitalism is based off supply and demand. If I "can" sell x at x price well....if it didn't move, the price would be less. Because someone bought a $500 AR for $1500, it's not a retailers fault. No one offers to pay extra when they need to dump product because it's not selling.
I call it stupid tax. We all should have learned. In my adult life, I believe there have been at least 3 cycles, starting with the 94 AWB shortly after I was old enough to purchase stuff.
Ammo prices seem at all time lows now and mags are cheap and plentiful. 22lr is on the shelf. You can still buy ammo online. If an event comes up and Magpuls go from current ~$10 street price to $30. Folks will bubblegum, but why do you "suddenly" need them? At less than .30 a round, they are almost giving away 5.56 historically. If Bloomberg makes a serious run and a panic ensues, should we be mad at retailers or ourselves for not doing our part? I didn't sell any Ammo during the last panic, but I made some great trades. Not my fault some chose not to have food for their toys. I did take ppl shooting, but I did not give away what I stored cause others didn't stock up. I saw this as a preview to every other SHTF situation.

Anyway, order you red dot at the best price.

Last Edited:
Right now I'm actually thinking about a package Opticsplanet has, adds the discontinued laser battery-cover for a total of $600 shipped. A little more than I wanted to pay, but it's a new sight with the updates and full warranty.

They're about the last ones who have the LBC, and I don't see the optic turning up below about $440 again, so I think unless they sell out first before the cash flows let me close the deal or a screaming deal turns up for Black Friday I have a game plan.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top