Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Talk like a Pirate Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trlsmn, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

I was wondering...what kind of socks do pirates wear???

AAARGYLES!

Will

3. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Scurvy!!!

4. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Though I don't really believe that Somali Pirates talk like that, today is THEIR day! Gooooo Somalia!!!

5. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

6. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

Ahoy ye land lubbers! Yarrr, Scurvy be a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitamin C, which is required for th' synthesis of collagen in humans. Th' chemical name fer vitamin C, ascorbic acid, is derived from th' Latin name of scurvy, scorbutus, which also provides th' adjective scorbutic ("of, characterized by or having to do with scurvy"). Scurvy leads t'th' formation of spots on yer skin, spongy gums, and bleeding from the mucous membranes. The spots are most abundant on yer thighs and legs, an a person with scurvy looks pale, feels depressed, and is partially immobilized. In advanced scurvy there are open, suppurating wounds and loss of teeth.

Thar be the meaning of Scurvy. So keep yer scurvy to yerselves an pass the oranges, ya salty dogs or I'll keel haul ya.

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Scurvy and it's treatment/prevention by ingestion of Limes is the origin of the slang word Limey. bloody wankers!