Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Talk about price gouging

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jrprich, Jun 13, 2013.

1. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I was searching the net to see if I could locate any of my fav .22lr and of course everyone had 0 but I ran across this one :huh:

LuckyGunner.com

22 LR Ammo For Sale - 36 gr CPHP Ammunition by Federal Champion In Stock

22 LR - 36 gr CPHP - Federal Champion - 525 Rounds

37 Reviews | Add Your Review
    OUT OF STOCK

$115.00
    21.9¢ per round

Quick Overview

Quantity - 525 round value pack
    Manufacturer - Federal Champion
    Bullet - 36 gr copper-plated hollow-point (CPHP)
    Casing - Rimfire-primed brass

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Why does anyone care anymore?

Buy it or don't.

Why waste bandwidth here complaining about something you aren't going to change?

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

H2O MAN and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Because, strange as it may be; ther may be some poor soul out there who doesn't know that just two years ago you could find this for less than $20 a box.

4. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

It doesn't do much good to know what we used to be able to buy for. What is relevant is how prices at a given outlet relate to the current market. In this case, it looks like it's higher than normal.

Posts like these are relevant when the seller is identified, so that other people know to "vote" (spend) elsewhere.

My .02

5. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

Luckygunner seems to be really high priced, like Cheaperthandirt. If as the comments report they are delivering in 3 or 4 days then their shipping has to be expensive. They are one of the few sellers that have range 9mm ammo in stock but they sell at premium self defense ammo price. If you check SGAmmo or Widners regularly they have premium 9mm SD ammo at the price Luckygunner sells range ammo. For $30 to $40 might as well shoot the good stuff. If you can't wait a week or two for shipping then you have not paid attention to ammo situation and let yourself run out. Pay attention to current conditions. I have not seen any 22LR online that I would pay the price for. When you go shooting nowdays factor in what it will cost you to resupply that caliber, not what you paid whenever.

6. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

People keep saying to hold out for things to revert back to what they were a couple years ago and I am thinking they will get better than current conditions but no longer believe we will see the good old days on ammo supply and price. If things made sense then why would there be shortages of 22lr,32acp,380acp,357mag,38sp,44spec etc. ? They are not military or law enforcement rounds. Of course this is panic buying by people who never kept a large supply for their seldom used firearms. Under current political climate hoarding ammo is easy to understand.

7. Scout67

Scout67 Milwaukie Member

I agree complaining about ammo prices is old news but I find it more amusing that you would say he is wasting bandwidth by saying it. Pot calling the kettle black. Maybe don't reply if you are trying to save bandwidth. Or maybe don't even read any post that the title is telling you that there will be mention of price gouging :thumbup:

8. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

:funnypoint:

9. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Crappy aluminum Blazer ammo for roughly 40 a box at one place here locally.

Waited a couple days, found quality brass new brand 10 mm at sportsmans for 37 a box of 50. could be wrong but its jhp 180 or 200 grain and all brass.

10. outontherange

outontherange Vancouver Active Member

Best to know about it so you can boycott the seller, Cheaperthandirt is selling Tula 9mm for $40 still!

11. Bruin

Bruin oregon Member

Bi-Mart had 22lr bricks this week for $20.

12. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Just FYI, Griggs in Pasco, WA has Fiocchi .223 rem. with the 40 gr V-Max bullets for $23.49 per box of 50. If you want to pay more, plus shipping just go here: Fiocchi Rifle Ammo 223HVB50, 223 Remington, Hornady V-Max Polymer Tip, 40 GR, 3650 fps, 50 Rd/ - Able Ammo
    This is high quality, accurate reloadable ammo that runs fine in a couple AR's in our household, and provides MOA accuracy or better in one of the AR's and both bolt guns. I think it is starting to get better. Griggs does have a 5 box limit on all ammo. (Still no .22 lr, though)

13. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

(They are one of the few sellers that have range 9mm ammo in stock but they sell at premium self defense ammo price)

Now you know why They have inventory to sell