JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this is accurate, I would assume "zero bail" means if they are arrested for those alleged offenses, they don't have the option to bail. They would stay in jail until seen by a judge, then a release decision/bail amount decision would be made. And in most of those crimes listed, they are measure-11 crimes and would most likely not be released. It really in theory protects the alleged victim more than previous with the bail schedules.

It actually does the the opposite of what the woke left wants and keeps dangerous people in jail.
Pretty sure "non-detainable" means arrest, process and release with no hold over. LE are dead against it and Judges where speaking out against it saying that they should retain the power to decide on a case-by-case basis to decide, not the legislators. Again, leading me to believe it does in fact mean "catch and release".

Pretty sure "non-detainable" means arrest, process and release with no hold over. LE are dead against it and Judges where speaking out against it saying that they should retain the power to decide on a case-by-case basis to decide, not the legislators. Again, leading me to believe it does in fact mean "catch and release".
That does absolutely not mean "non-detainable". Just Google the definition of detain in police context. Arrest and detain are very different.

Regardless, I'm totally uneducated on Illinois law and just spewing assumptions.I hope you are wrong but sadly I would not be suprised in 2022. I would encourage you to read up on Illinois statutes and the specific (what I assume to be some type of) bill.

That does absolutely not mean "non-detainable". Just Google the definition of detain in police context. Arrest and detain are very different.

Regardless, I'm totally uneducated on Illinois law and just spewing assumptions.I hope you are wrong but sadly I would not be suprised in 2022. I would encourage you to read up on Illinois statutes and the specific (what I assume to be some type of) bill.
Don't shoot the messenger. It's Illinois language, not mine. I fully understand the difference between a LEO detaining someone vs. arresting them.

I highly doubt they mean a LEO may not detain someone for suspision of 2nd degree murder, kidnapping, etc etc.

Every indication seems that they mean that they may not be detained in jail after arrest and must be released after booking without a bail hearing or requirement.

At least that's my take-away from reading the articles reporting that LE is hating it.. "automatic catch and release", judges are hating it.."they want discretion to require bail", and why the supporters of it are praising it because, "it's not fair for the rich to walk free on bail while the poor must remain in jail."

Last Edited:
Increase crime to unbearable levels.

Ongoing attempts to remove conditional rite to bear arms & defend oneself.

Perhaps part of some plan to bring in sever & restrictive enforcement (for everyone, law abiding innocents & criminals alike) several years after this "plan" (if factual) fails.

Increase crime to unbearable levels.

Ongoing attempts to remove conditional rite to bear arms & defend oneself.

Perhaps part of some plan to bring in sever & restrictive enforcement (for everyone, law abiding innocents & criminals alike) several years after this "plan" (if factual) fails.
flat,750x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

That's right, thanks... getting old sucks... can't remember anything.
Oh... I dunno. It has it's perks. You can read a book, watch a video or kiss a girl... then a month later you can start all over again and it's just as new and exciting as the first time. ;)

If this is accurate, I would assume "zero bail" means if they are arrested for those alleged offenses, they don't have the option to bail. They would stay in jail until seen by a judge, then a release decision/bail amount decision would be made. And in most of those crimes listed, they are measure-11 crimes and would most likely not be released. It really in theory protects the alleged victim more than previous with the bail schedules.

It actually does the the opposite of what the woke left wants and keeps dangerous people in jail.
You're kidding right? Right?

I'm not. Like I said, just making assumptions. That's how it should be anyway.
This article clearly explains the effect of the new law when it is launched in 2023. I feel for the future victims of all the released arrestees…

The government doesn't really care about day to day violent criminals/crime. Those are not the people who will effectively organize to mount an effective resistance against tyrannical government action. Hence the emphasis on continuing to erode that ability of the otherwise "law abiding" populace.

The government doesn't really care about day to day violent criminals/crime. Those are not the people who will effectively organize to mount an effective resistance against tyrannical government action. Hence the emphasis on continuing to erode that ability of the otherwise "law abiding" populace.
We need a "BINGO YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE F@#$%^G HEAD!" button.

Figures, I just moved to like 35 miles from the Illinois state line. I hope the Kentucky border patrol is more effective than the feds, 'cause I really don't want to be dealing with a bunch of refugees camping in my front yard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top