JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It really blows the mind. Set to go active January 1, 2023, Illinois list of new "non-detainable" (zero bail) offenses.

Several states already have these types of no bail offense regulations, but some of them just boggle the mind as to how any reasonable body of city and/or state leaders can possibly believe any of is "rational".

Keep criminals on the steets and blame law abiding gun owners as the primary risk to public safety??

Special note: Notice "2nd-degree murder" is a walkable offense!

1662813643964.png

Does anyone know what any of the states in our areas consider walkable offenses?

Good gosh I hope this is fake news. One can only imagine the results after only a short time. Very disappointing to know that this won't be a one off, probably spread rabidly (mis spelled on purpose) to other blue cities.

Good gosh I hope this is fake news.
It doesn't appear so. Local new there is reporting it. "Illinois jails will turn many prisoners loose".

The argument: "Transforming the pretrial detention system so low-income people aren't thrown behind bars while only the wealthy walk free"

"Advocates for the abolishment of cash bail view it as a pillar of institutional racism within the criminal justice system."

Another news report.

Edit: On the bright side, maybe if it makes enough people mad, they will vote republican the next go around.
"Gubernatorial candidate Darren Bailey (R) met with Illinois Sheriffs last week and promised to repeal the law if he is elected." :s0155:

Last Edited:
It doesn't appear so. Local new there is reporting it. "Illinois jails will turn many prisoners loose".

The argument: "Transforming the pretrial detention system so low-income people aren't thrown behind bars while only the wealthy walk free"

"Advocates for the abolishment of cash bail view it as a pillar of institutional racism within the criminal justice system."

Another news report.

Its racist so let's let everybody walk, not hey, let's change the bail system so nobody can walk :rolleyes:o_O

Listening to the radio yesterday "Talk radio", someone was giving a fire and brimstone rebuttal to this plan.
I can't figure out what's wrong with these people? What part of towns, what people, can feel safe going anywhere when criminals known to commit violence against the citizens are allowed to roam free? We're no longer safe here in potland. Our property is no longer safe here?

Skimming the article from Jan. 2021 , when this was all going down, I think on the surface this is a nightmare.
It's going to be 2 full years come this January. Interested in how it plays out.
Depending on the judges , I could see a lot of " held without bail " decisions.
Chicago will be the place to watch.

I can't figure out what's wrong with these people? What part of towns, what people, can feel safe going anywhere when criminals known to commit violence against the citizens are allowed to roam free? We're no longer safe here in potland. Our property is no longer safe here?
I'm usually pretty good at playing devils advocate, but ya got me there, Brother. I got nothin! 🤣

Depending on the judges , I could see a lot of " held without bail " decisions.
From what I was reading, that was one of the points of contention. Judges will not be allowed the discretion to decide bail or no bail. It's being removed from their hands.

I wonder how many judges will quit over this
Very, very few if any? That's too cushy of a job. Get to live far away from the bubblegumty places you created. Fantastic pay/benefits, good hours. And if you get to the point you want a change of scenery you go into politics. Like that Ellen Rosenblum puppet.

The only difference the law would do is making what's already happening, official. The lawmakers don't live or visit those areas without armed protection. The irony is, most of the affected people can't or don't vote. They're just screwing it up for everyone else.

And Illinois joins California on my "No Go Zone". (Not that it was ever high on the "go there" list, which currently consists of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas. Oregon is still okay except, of course, Portland).

It really blows the mind. Set to go active January 1, 2023, Illinois list of new "non-detainable" (zero bail) offenses.

Several states already have these types of no bail offense regulations, but some of them just boggle the mind as to how any reasonable body of city and/or state leaders can possibly believe any of is "rational".

Keep criminals on the steets and blame law abiding gun owners as the primary risk to public safety??

Special note: Notice "2nd-degree murder" is a walkable offense!

View attachment 1274025

Does anyone know what any of the states in our areas consider walkable offenses?
If this is accurate, I would assume "zero bail" means if they are arrested for those alleged offenses, they don't have the option to bail. They would stay in jail until seen by a judge, then a release decision/bail amount decision would be made. And in most of those crimes listed, they are measure-11 crimes and would most likely not be released. It really in theory protects the alleged victim more than previous with the bail schedules.

It actually does the the opposite of what the woke left wants and keeps dangerous people in jail.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads