JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From SOFREP:
"The footage below was allegedly released by the Taliban and shows a VBIED attack on an Afghan Army base in Helmand from earlier in the month. Reuters stated that an official with the Afghan government believes the video is authentic even though the Taliban rarely use drones to record their operations. The video below is just a portion of a 23 minute video featuring the suicide bomber prior to the terrorist attack."

It's a different part of the world with a different mentality. I remember Gulf War #1 when Kuwait was invaded. They told the coalition armies, thank you very much, now go home. 25 yrs later we still haven't figured it out. They march to the beat of a different drummer.

We are fighting a different war on the same battlefield. The two parties have different goals and definitions of victory. They are winning their version of the war so they have no need to stop. I was there for almost a year in 90/91. I didn't see everything but I did see that life is cheap if you are a "nobody" there and almost everyone was a "nobody". Sorry to say, but true.

My version of a solution is pointless because I'm basically a "nobody" here, but between the US and Europe there is a history of what works in the middle east. I say we try, that, again.

It's a different part of the world with a different mentality. I remember Gulf War #1 when Kuwait was invaded. They told the coalition armies, thank you very much, now go home. 25 yrs later we still haven't figured it out. They march to the beat of a different drummer.

We are fighting a different war on the same battlefield. The two parties have different goals and definitions of victory. They are winning their version of the war so they have no need to stop. I was there for almost a year in 90/91. I didn't see everything but I did see that life is cheap if you are a "nobody" there and almost everyone was a "nobody". Sorry to say, but true.

My version of a solution is pointless because I'm basically a "nobody" here, but between the US and Europe there is a history of what works in the middle east. I say we try, that, again.

Thank you for your service!!

Good Lord.
It's an impossible fight. There is no beating a threat with nothing to lose and fighting for their God with no fear of death. Or actually wanting to die.
These terrorist are the worst kind of evil. The only way to beat them is to exterminate them. Which will again bring in more recruits.

Unless the Muslim world as a whole comes out to fight against them the recruits will continue to flow.

Good Lord.
It's an impossible fight. There is no beating a threat with nothing to lose and fighting for their God with no fear of death. Or actually wanting to die.
These terrorist are the worst kind of evil. The only way to beat them is to exterminate them. Which will again bring in more recruits.

There are only two types of Muslims:

Those that support what ISIS/Taliban/Al Qaeda/etc view of how the world should be, and
Those that admit it publicly.

Honestly though, the only way to stop them is genocide, which coincidentally, is what ISIS wants us to try so they can fulfill the end of days prophecy.

I agree with you, realistically there's no real way we can stop them. All we can do is to try to protect ourselves and try to keep them on their side of the world and away from us.

Unless the Muslim world as a whole comes out to fight against them the recruits will continue to flow.

Um, I don't think that will work. The Muslim world as a whole has been fighting among themselves for almost 1400 years.

Ray

Why didn't they stop the car before it entered or even came around the entrance?

Low value target or installation with little tactical importance. Without the US there telling them and paying for every move they make even the "good guys" (whoever the f they are) are illiterate morons who are probably Taliban or ISIS next week. Kind of like another war we were involved in ??

Wonder where they get that much C4 or Semtex or whatever they use..pretty good load

Of course, those raghead goat bangers have no central government, the country is ran by feuding warlords and the terrorists themselves are sub human vermin and our country has no business being there and spilling American blood for absolutely no reason at all.

There was at least one person in the compound when he detonates. As the vehicle nears the gate, you can see someone walking from the bottom of the guard tower (lower left) to the main building.

Ray
There was another that came out of the guard tower platform a few seconds in on the right side. The guy on the ground might have survived. No direct line of sight with the blast. Distressing, certainly deaf, but maybe he's okay?

You cannot defeat an ideology with violence. You cannot defeat them by "exterminating them" all. It doesn't work. It never has and it never will.

Lets take a look at a different time period in the world when there was a man named Paul who used to be called Saul. He was responsible for spreading Christianity throughout the Roman empire. Paul wrote that "we are to" obey rulers and institutions put in place by God, this wasn't a time of peace. This was during a time when the Roman Emperor named Nero was doing everything he could to wipe Christians from the face of the earth. Nero was using them as torches to light the paths, courtyards and other places under his control.

If there ever was a time when a religious group was going to be wiped from the face of the earth it would have been that time right there. Low numbers, an all powerful and oppressive government that ruled with a force so violent there has never been anything like it since.

So no, bombing them to the stone age, killing them all etc will NOT rid the world of these murderers. The solution is not at the end of a gun or bomb. The problem is in the heart, fix the heart and you fix the problem.

The problem is in the heart, fix the heart and you fix the problem.

That's the way to say it. I've been looking for something like that to give OUR leaders when they get to yapping about "Common Sense" gun laws. We have the same problems with the heart here in The USA. Though, maybe to a lesser degree?

Hiroshima worked with people that had no fear of dying for their beliefs because when you wipe out their families too its a different issue because there is no one to benefit when everyone on your family & country is gone......its god awful but it worked & I fear Iran will melt them to try and suck in the Americans

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads