JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You won't regret it!
Put on on my latest FAL, every bit as good as the originals with some needed improvements along the way!
I also put it on one of my 1903's to see how it would do, and was quite impressed by it, but back on the FAL it went!!

You won't regret it!
Put on on my latest FAL, every bit as good as the originals with some needed improvements along the way!
I also put it on one of my 1903's to see how it would do, and was quite impressed by it, but back on the FAL it went!!

I'm looking forward. Hopefully it's not one of those Covid affected things that will be out of stock for months and months.

If you look at the picture of the guys in the middle it seems like their scopes are mounted fairly low, much lower than the Springfield mount. I wonder what mount they were actually using on the M14 back then.

I'm looking forward. Hopefully it's not one of those Covid affected things that will be out of stock for months and months.

If you look at the picture of the guys in the middle it seems like their scopes are mounted fairly low, much lower than the Springfield mount. I wonder what mount they were actually using on the M14 back then.
I think the M-1A/M-21 mount was a custom made unit. These ART-II have their own integral mount, which is as low a profile as your going to get with this system, and they fit a Mil.Spec rail perfectly!

They are really slick and easy to use. You can also disconnect the ranging feature if you want to use the zoom separately ( I don't know why you would) and they hold zero perfectly! With the 3 different settings under the turret knob, it's super easy to switch between loads or calibers if you wanted!

@Ura-Ki, is the reticle similar to a FFP reticle? From what I can tell and see on video, it appears the shooter adjusts the magnification, and thus the reticle size, to fit the reticle measurement onto the target (18 inches or 36 inches) to "frame it." In doing so, this adjusts the base elevation to keep it zeroed on target no matter the distance. Do I have this right?

@Ura-Ki, is the reticle similar to a FFP reticle? From what I can tell and see on video, it appears the shooter adjusts the magnification, and thus the reticle size, to fit the reticle measurement onto the target (18 inches or 36 inches) to "frame it." In doing so, this adjusts the base elevation to keep it zeroed on target no matter the distance. Do I have this right?
Correct!

Thanks! Given that it is similar to a FFP scope, how is it as inexpensive as it is for what you get? How is the eye relief, quality, box, etc.?

At the same time, I have always wondered why something like this didn't exist given how much easier it would be to shoot at variable distances. Now that I see it does exist, why are there not more manufactures doing this as opposed to using range finders, dialing different turrets, bbc and holdovers, etc. This seems to simplify it greatly by allowing it to adjust in its base. Simple!

Thanks! Given that it is similar to a FFP scope, how is it as inexpensive as it is for what you get? How is the eye relief, quality, box, etc.?

At the same time, I have always wondered why something like this didn't exist given how much easier it would be to shoot at variable distances. Now that I see it does exist, why are there not more manufactures doing this as opposed to using range finders, dialing different turrets, bbc and holdovers, etc. This seems to simplify it greatly by allowing it to adjust in its base. Simple!
Quality is First class, the scope is mounted square in it's integral fitted rings and torqued to specs properly, the glass is excellent, and the reticle is very crisp and clear and easy to use. The ranging wheel is intentionally stiff, as is the focus, and once it's locked, it stays locked. turrets are crisp with definite clicks and return to zero every time! Even the box and internal packaging is quite good, the set up instructions are very clear and easy to understand, and the ballistics code chart is slick and easy to use, it came with the two torx keys and spare batteries for the lit reticle, and a nice 4'' sun shade which is a common thread and interchanges with Leupold/Vortex/Redfield objective bells! All I did was pull the screws for the rings and check and apply lock tite and re torqued them.
All that said, my experience in using this system has been tops, but I have found adding an incline-o-meter with level really knocks it out of the park, I can score rapid hits on running jack rabbits with out having to re range the scope, just use the Reticle hold overs @ 1/2 to 3/4 value and your good to go, and the incline-o-meter really takes the math out of shooting up/down hill!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top