JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adding to prior: "In particular, why does Allen have all those NAZI weapons? Is he a closet Nazi? And why does he have a private army of SS Stormtroopers everywhere he goes?" (For the record, this is throwing the liberals' tricks back at 'em--my great-uncle used to have a good-sized collection of Nazi pistols himself, each being a trophy from an SS or Wehrmacht he'd personally killed or taken prisoner.)

That's one of the angles we should have pursued--no offense intended to the men on his detail, I'm sure SOME as another member commented are only with him for the paycheck and know from my own brief Executive Protection days that it takes something special to be willing to trade your life for another's, but we should have clubbed 594's backers repeatedly, mercilessly, loudly and publicly over the heads for their blatant hypocrisy at EVERY opportunity. And even though it's too late for that fight we STILL should, to destroy or damage their credibility for anything MORE.

I've never understood the sports fan thing, I wouldn't know what to do about Paul allen. But bloomie is is target rich. I never click on any article attributed to Bloomberg. I would suggest no one in the 2A community click on them.

Thing is, we need to do it for Gates and their buddy Nazi Nick the Little Dick Hanauer too... really, we need to target EACH of the Eastside financiers of Proggofascism in WA.

EDIT to add: I've linked to this post and inquired about this strategy over at GunRightsMedia, figuring that maybe Oleg Volk or some of the other graphics/web/video talent there might have ideas.

Last Edited:
Better yet, press him on why he has a problem with civilian guns when HE owns weapons of MASS MURDER like SCUD missiles and MiG-29 fighter jets?

Who is he planning to kill, what city does he want to destroy and what airliner full of innocent civilians does he intend to shoot down in flames with these EVIL implements of mass death?

*evil cackle*

The notion of "punishing" one idiot because he donated a bunch of money is frankly stupid.

We have a political battle to fight. Spending energy trying to "punish" a billionaire who couldn't care less what we think is about one of the biggest wastes of time I can imagine.

Take all that energy and all that anger and channel it into something useful: Like talking to your neighbors, co-workers etc. about what you now CAN'T DO thanks to 594.

It's clear that we have a two-fold path ahead of us. One is a court challenge, which will be very limited, (Forget private sales guys, that ship has sailed and we're not going to get popular support to get it back.)

The other is an initiative to repeal at the LEAST, the most onerous aspects of 594. (specifically the transfer and waiting period language, also exceptions for CPL holders).

We have a long fight ahead of us. (two years and counting down).

Time for the grown-ups on this forum to accept the facts AS THEY ARE and make an attempt to make progress.

Pointless pissing contests and similar hollow, meaningless expressions of outrage aren't going to get us one bit closer to fixing this situation. It's mental masturbation. It may make you feel better, but it produces no RESULTS, which are the only thing that counts.

I would support anyone willingly going to jail on a Gross Misdemeanor to contest this law. With my money, not just my mouth.

But we need to calm the Hell down and come up with an actual winning strategy for further progress. And wasting energy on Paul Allen doesn't even come close to doing that.

Allen is no Bloomberg. He's what Lenin called a "Useful idiot."

Why ion God's name anyone wants to waste time on a useful idiot instead of solving the actual problem mystifies me. What? Are we all in 7th grade again? Grow the Hell up.

The angle those of us who want to do "Meet Bloomberg" on Allen, Gates et al is that they've made no secret of this being their opening move--goal is not to punish them for THIS one, but to discredit and if possible hamstring them before the NEXT one.

And like I said, IF Paul Allen is truly an honest man why does he need REAL weapons of MASS MURDER? That's the only thing a SCUD is good for, a terror-weapon designed to be launched at enemy cities--just like the Nazi V-1 and V-2, which he also owns examples of.

The main thrust is to point out that anti-gunners are elitist hypocrites on an unbelievable level, and destroy their credibility with their own true believers. IMO, ANYONE who has their own private unit of SS-Sturmtruppen has NO business commenting about anyone else's armaments of choice... point out that if ONE gun is so all-fired dangerous, what about these self-appointed Nomenklatura and their large, heavily armed bands of machine-gun-wielding triggerhappy maniacs? I for one would feel profoundly threatened by their Schutzstaffel invading MY location...

Yes!
Yes!
YES!!
Do you know anyone that votes for or against something because of who gave money to what? Because I don't, except for dedicated issue voters.

Someone who's quite politically aware AND CARES might vote for or against something because the Koch brothers or Bloomberg gave money to the cause. But that describes about 1% of the population.

We have a very specific problem that's going to take some time to solve. You're not going to convince anyone who wasn't already on our side of a thing simply by pointing out that ONE of your opponent's backers is a jerk or an elitist or whatever.

Guilt by association is not a winning tactic on any issue. How many liberals changed their votes to McCain because of the Bill Ayers connection? None. The people moved by that weren't going to vote for Obama anyway.

Trashing Moms Demand or MAIG serves a purpose because it discredits them and their claims. When Balmer or Allen become vocal activists on the issue then there might be a point. But they aren't. They gave money. And I'd bet they probably thought 594 simply required BG checks at gun shows and no more. That's all the backers claimed it would do, which is one reason so many supported this abortion of a law. I don't assume the donors are any more educated on the complexities of gun transfers than the average Joe.

When Balmer or Allen become vocal activists on the issue then there might be a point. But they aren't. They gave money. And I'd bet they probably thought 594 simply required BG checks at gun shows and no more. That's all the backers claimed it would do, which is one reason so many supported this abortion of a law. I don't assume the donors are any more educated on the complexities of gun transfers than the average Joe.

None of these guys will give a single red cent to anyone without thorough vetting. I'm quit confident that all these folks examined the causes thoroughly by their amy of lawyers long before the checkbook came out. Allen, Balmer, and Gates are surrounded by lawyers constantly and you can't tell them from the bodyguards. All communication passes through the lawyers. This I know.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top