JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking about how Paul Allen spent a half a million to take away your private property rights (just as much as gun rights, when you think about it) and I propose we consider ways to take that money back from him.

I mean make him realize he's losing more than he spent.

Given that the Seahawks are the highest visibility thing he owns, what activities can we, as Washington State gun owners, engage in that will put a little pain in his wallet, and get the word out to the nation that there are a whole lot less Seahawks fans than there used to be, and do it with style? If a whole lot of Seahawks fans makes statements of various kinds, and possibly in concert, the whole of the country will realize that gun owners are a significant financial block that should not be taken lightly. A mere boycott isn't enough; I'm thinking something with a broader and longer impact.

I have some of my own thoughts, but wanted to get yours first.

Last Edited:
Paul Allen owns the Seattle Seahawks, the Portland Trailblazers, and is part owner of Sounders FC. Since Oregon is most likely next for a I-594 repeat, starting by getting the word out via the sports pages, sports channels, and so on, is a very direct and pointed way to let Oregon know what's coming down the pike. At the same time, fans (or even better, former fans) of these teams have an opportunity to let both Paul Allen and the rest of the country know that a significant part of their fan base do not approve. In addition, this spreads the word that the gun owning part of the country is a significant financial and voting bloc, and discourages other donors with similar financial stakes from following suit.

My thoughts were full page ads in Oregon papers (in the sports sections) with information about what's happened in Washington State, what's going to happen in Oregon, and that Paul Allen is a common denominator.

I also thought about a few bumper stickers along the theme of "No Guns No Hawks" or something along that line, and for those among us who like them, a sticker of Calvin carrying an AR peeing on the Seahawks logo. I'm not a bumper sticker kind of guy, but for the first time in my life, I put a "No on I-594" sticker on my car.

Now, I understand that Paul Allen isn't the only donor. This is Bloomberg's doing, but Paul Allen is closer to home than Bloomberg, and likely more "accessible." It's all about visibility to plant in the mind of the average Joe that guns and Paul Allen are incompatible.

A half a million to Allen is like $75.00 to a blue collar worker. It's walking around money.
What are the things that are the most important to Paul Allen? Love and admiration, and to be valued by others. Those things cost way more than money, and this hits both. Make Paul Allen's name synonymous with all that's wrong with the world and you have a winner.

He craves that "love and adoration" because his diseased liberal mind feels guilty over the fortune he and that homly theivin' weasle Gates made from selling flawed and unsecured computer software products. o_O
image.jpg

Their "John Wayne's" are nothing but hired security thugs who'll fight for money (lots of it), our "John Wayne's" are fighting for their lives and Liberty. History shows time and again who wins this scenerio.... 4GW

I hope you're not trying to make sure this idea is stillborn.
Do you have a better idea?

I hope you're not trying to make sure this idea is stillborn.
Do you have a better idea?

Clearly, you're new around here! o_O

The point of my prior post is, the hired goons the left employs are only loyal to the money and strongly prefer to survive in order to enjoy their "30 pieces of silver". We need to be willing to take it to the "end zone", if you will.

Americans tend to love the underdog, rescuing/saving the "victim". You need to garner the publics' sympathy. The 2A movement has been generally perceived as aggressive "donkeys on the edge". Work it from that angle.

Anoher thing, what will "still born" this endevour is putting it all in an open forum so you can be out maneuvered and discredited, because this place is HEAVILY monitored by the anti-2A movement.

HI GABBY GIFFORD AND SPACEMAN!!!! ;)

Clearly, you're new around here! o_O

The point of my prior post is, the hired goons the left employs are only loyal to the money and strongly prefer to survive in order to enjoy their "30 pieces of silver". We need to be willing to take it to the "end zone", if you will.

Americans tend to love the underdog, rescuing/saving the "victim". You need to garner the publics' sympathy. The 2A movement has been generally perceived as aggressive "donkeys on the edge". Work it from that angle.

Anoher thing, what will "still born" this endevour is putting it all in an open forum so you can be out maneuvered and discredited, because this place is HEAVILY monitored by the anti-2A movement.

HI GABBY GIFFORD AND SPACEMAN!!!! ;)

Yeah, I must be new. Yesterday's amniotic fluid just hasn't quit dripping from behind my ears.

I don't have all the answers, but at the same time I won't accept no for an answer.

You can beat the emotional approach of the left with your own emotional approach, but make it more believable. Emotions trump all others; isn't that what we just learned? That was the whole argument provided by their side, linked in another I-594 thread I don't want to go look up at the moment.

The goal here isn't so much to use the generally ineffective conservative message (logic) to win converts, but use an emotional message to let the public know that Paul Allen is opposed to you having the freedoms his money can easily buy. That's partly the message the Occupy crowd used to good effect. Rather than make the message about money, make the message about one's own security and well-being, compared to the 1%. They can't make an emotional argument with that without coming across as incredibly elitist, and unless yesterday's amniotic fluid is plugging up parts of my brain, how can you get out ahead of that?

What are the things that are the most important to Paul Allen? Love and admiration, and to be valued by others. Those things cost way more than money, and this hits both. Make Paul Allen's name synonymous with all that's wrong with the world and you have a winner.

this. use language that the left understands. elite 1%'ers are to be despised. the wealthy ruling class wants to control you. bloomberg's record in NY speaks for itself with his banning large drinks, "stop and frisk" policies, and extending his term limits.

What are the things that are the most important to Paul Allen? Love and admiration, and to be valued by others.
And you know this to be a fact, or are you just speculating?
Make Paul Allen's name synonymous with all that's wrong with the world and you have a winner.
Considering how out of the limelight he is, one could easily assume that he could care less what people think about him.

Yeah, I must be new. Yesterday's amniotic fluid just hasn't quit dripping from behind my ears.

I don't have all the answers, but at the same time I won't accept no for an answer.

You can beat the emotional approach of the left with your own emotional approach, but make it more believable. Emotions trump all others; isn't that what we just learned? That was the whole argument provided by their side, linked in another I-594 thread I don't want to go look up at the moment.

The goal here isn't so much to use the generally ineffective conservative message (logic) to win converts, but use an emotional message to let the public know that Paul Allen is opposed to you having the freedoms his money can easily buy. That's partly the message the Occupy crowd used to good effect. Rather than make the message about money, make the message about one's own security and well-being, compared to the 1%. They can't make an emotional argument with that without coming across as incredibly elitist, and unless yesterday's amniotic fluid is plugging up parts of my brain, how can you get out ahead of that?

You can boil all that down to, "perception is reality". ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top