JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's really hard to run a business, small business, unless you take credit cards. As a small business you will find the charges and fees for credit cards take a lot of merchandise moved just to pay the bank.

Just saying that if you start a LLC investigate what it cost to do business and how much of those cost are tax deductible. Where the new guys have trouble is accounting, it takes a good account to get it all working and he is tax deductible.

Good luck.

I have often been asked to turn my firearm and fur trade item's displays* into a money making deal.
I haven't because it is something that I enjoy doing.
Doing the same as a business , requires a different mindset and purpose....
Just something to consider.
Andy
* As well as the occasional repair / restoration project...

I have often been asked to turn my firearm and fur trade item's displays* into a money making deal.
I haven't because it is something that I enjoy doing.
Doing the same as a business , requires a different mindset and purpose....
Just something to consider.
Andy
* As well as the occasional repair / restoration project...
Exactly, a hobby to make money soon becomes a job.

ProtonMail and Hushmail are both very good.
Thanks for the tip
IMG_20220213_102510936.jpg

IMG_20220213_102540_01.jpg
I'm actually probably going to kill off my firm this year.

If you are planning to resell other people's products, sure, get a business license and roll with it. You'll have your work cut out to distinguish your niche in the market. Figure out what you offer that some other guy with the same idea doesn't, and focus on that.

If you're building, fabricating, or manufacturing products, that's a different story. I know of several folks who do that very successfully - custom parts, 3d printing services, etc. - and I will be going down that road myself here in a few months, though not related to gun parts. Custom Smith Manufacturing is one worth checking out if that's the route you're looking to go. In that situation you could run it as a hobby until your business starts to pick up and/or you figure out what you're doing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top