Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Take your CHL class on line for $49.99... is this legit?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by glockguy, Apr 18, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Now I know there was a site on here that someone posted about being able to take your CHL course on line.. I found this site while browsing the net.

http://www.orconcealedcarry.com/

i think this one looks a little more legit then the other one.. But I'll let you computer masters tell me.. :D

this would be nice if my wife could take the class in our home since shes prego and doesnt really wanna site through a 3 hour class

2. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

This sounds like a nice option if legit.

3. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I thought that there was also a free online course somewhere.

4. AKMark

AKMark 97233 Member

5. billc

billc Albany Member

I bookmarked this thread hoping to see if the Maryland online course would work for Oregon. Has anyone tried this and it worked?

6. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

Yes, I originally posted the link to the free course after I've used it to get my license from lane county. Yes, it works. And I've talked to several other people who have also used the free course to get theirs.

Bunny and (deleted member) like this.
  7. receo

receo Sandy, Oregon Active Member

I used the md gun safety class earlier this month In clackamas county and it worked just fine. Bea, at clackamas county public safety training center actually gave me a couple of different free class websites over the phone and the md class was one of them.
    Good luck and go get em!

Damn. Can't edit the subject line ;4)

8. billc

billc Albany Member

Thanks for the replies. Looks like this will be an easy way to get my wife's taken care of.

9. PhilipPeake

PhilipPeake Newberg New Member

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Possibly, but why when there are free courses that qualify?

11. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Awesome! I've got some time this weekend, seems like I found something to do.

12. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

Yup. I took the class this weekend as well. Then I called Washington County this morning to make sure that it qualifies me for the Competency Requirement and they said it did.

13. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

i just took the online maryland firearms training course do i need to mail anything to maryland? also will this work for multnomah county?

14. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

found my answer i emailed the multnomah county chl department and they responded with yes it will work, thanks for the freebie link to the maryland course i appreciate it, it should be a sticky

15. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

You orygun folks need to work to dump the class.. WA does not have them and we seem to do just fine.. it's just another unconstitutional hoop to jump through

16. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I agree, but I see the irony in the fact that as a phone tech the gov made me go through many hours of training, four year apprenticeship, all for the safety of the public.
    The powerful and deadly voltage from your ringing phone might jump out and grab you.

Then some house hen can take an hour online course and take a 1911 on the bus.

I guess it is up to us to help and see that we as a community follow safe gun handling rules.

17. redwhiteandblue

redwhiteandblue USA New Member

I wanted to let you know I found a website that specializes in helping people from Texas, Ohio, Missouri, NC, etc. They not only offer the training to get your concealed carry license, but they also tell you step by step what you need to do after you get your certificate from them. I know of a couple people that have taken this class and have gotten their licenses really fast. The site is www.OnlineGunClass.com .

Usually my friends from Texas have to take a 2-day class and pay alot of money. Then Texas takes forever to process there licenses. But when these people took the online class, they got there licenses in the mail fast and saved a ton of money... not to mention that they could take the class at there homes. Also, they used a coupon to save $5. it was SAVE5
    It's worth checking out because they were happy.

18. Ronin

Ronin OR Member

I know it's an old thread, but thanks very much for letting me know about this. I'm in Lane County and planned on getting my CHL next month. I'll be taking the MD test now and saving a bit of time and money.

19. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

S/he still has to pay the $65 CHL tax.

20. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member