JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To survive a deadly force encounter, its important you have the three points of the survival triangle covered. Tactics, fitness, and mindset.

Having training other than basic marksmanship is paramount to survival. This can include developing a good draw from a holster, the effective use of cover, reloads, improvised shooting positions, orienting toward a threat, and use of a flashlight. Also important are weapon retention, hand to hand techniques and choke survival.

Fitness is the development of the cardiovascular endurance and strength necessary to stay in a fight and execute what your training. This is, by far, the most neglected area for most people.

Survival mindset is built through provoking conversation and developing confidence from cultivating your tactics and fitness. You need the mindset that you CAN and WILL survive. Think about why its imperative for you to win.

I am accepting the challenge of taking these pillars of survival more seriously and making them a foundation for how I live my life. I want all of you to do the same because there a damn few of us out there who are willing to take our lives into our own hands. People like us, on sites like this, should be the ones winning against the scum that are becoming more numerous every day.

Doritos are triangles.
Doritos leave my fingers all yellow sticky for that tactical "edge".
Doritos make me breathe hard.
Doritos have vitamins.
handled.. all logical like

''Fitness is the development of the cardiovascular endurance and strength necessary to stay in a fight and execute what your training. This is, by far, the most neglected area for most people''.

Good luck with this advise.:rolleyes:

When you get old and broke down the mental part has to take over.I ain't going hand to hand with many 20 somethings for very long.I will not play fair and will most likely use an equalizer of some sort
For most people and how bad some of the attacks can be,usually multiple attackers,I would suggest having some plan to end the fight before it happens
For a lot of 'bad guys' ,acting like you are about to draw on them,making eye contact and such,will advert the attack. Others it won't
Just like fighting.One guy it will work on,and I don't care how good you think you are,so it just isn't a good idea.
You know,No_Regrets,that even a couple LEO can get their a$$es handed to them by the right guy

''Fitness is the development of the cardiovascular endurance and strength necessary to stay in a fight and execute what your training. This is, by far, the most neglected area for most people''.

Good luck with this advise.:rolleyes:

Its good advice though. I like when little wristy twisty instructors try some counter joint on me and it turns into bear hug and slam. They trust a technique over strength and lose....often.

screen-shot-2015-12-02-at-9-08-39-am.png

When you get old and broke down the mental part has to take over.I ain't going hand to hand with many 20 somethings for very long.I will not play fair and will most likely use an equalizer of some sort
For most people and how bad some of the attacks can be,usually multiple attackers,I would suggest having some plan to end the fight before it happens

On top of this, those decisions have to be made in nano seconds. Situational analysis, threat assessment and being ready to run like a little botch from the fight have to be considered.

You might be going hand to hand with 20 somethings thugs FOR NOT VERY LONG, I am not going hand to hand with them AT ALL. My brains and mouth will have to get me out of trouble, but going to equalization of some sort will have to be a top fast priority. A lot of my training comes from my veteran sons, and their combat back grounds require them to have pre planned actions for certain situations and then violent application of force to prevent injury or death. Failing is not an option.

In the earthquake scenarios in the other thread, urban survival is going to be hard. Being out in the country, approaching threats would have to be dealt with 300 meters or better out, not allowing them to close for any type of close quarter actions which is far harder to deal with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top