JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is that even supposed to mean?
If you're talking weapons bans, you'll have to look back to the 1860's for the start of the Meiji era... not the 1960's and the start of the Sony era.

No but good to know that era. I was thinking more along the lines of how future day Japan would have gone if it would have followed in suit more akin to communist china. I guess really our technological section too. I can speak firmly in that most FAB tools are made or assembled with parts from Japan. Had they taken more firmly to communism I wonder if we would have shared as much or if America would have been as advancing in tech sectors, buts thats another area.

I think it was also a poor take on the recent events akin to this threads links of recent japanese blade attacks and related it to an event in the 1960's to show Japan has a history with blades, poor joke I know.

It is my belief that there is a devil or evil force or whatever that drives it.

We'll have to agree to disagree, more of a belief vs experience, and I guess yours is different than mine. And this conversation never happened.

OK, I thought I was done, but I'm not... giving Satan or other unseen evil forces power in our world at least partially negates the thought that we can do anything to effect change beforehand. Can we really do nothing but lock people up after they succumb to temptation from the Devil, or the Dark Force?

Someday you and I need to have a PM about the ins and outs of poor impulse control, what it is, what causes it, who is susceptible, and how to deal with it!

I believe in the force of causation... people give off warning signs, find out what is going on with them and help them address it... if they can't, or won't, just take off and nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!!!

Last Edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree, more of a belief vs experience, and I guess yours is different than mine. And this conversation never happened.

OK, I thought I was done, but I'm not... giving Satan or other unseen evil forces power in our world at least partially negates the thought that we can do anything to effect change beforehand. Can we really do nothing but lock people up after they succumb to temptation from the Devil, or the Dark Force? I may be misunderstanding you right here and if so, I apologize but what else would you do to someone who succumbs to the lure of evil, regardless of whether that evil is external as I suggest or internal as you suggest. The bottom line is they chose to follow that evil urge and therefore must accept the consequences which generally are incarceration or death. What other option do you see for the likes of a Ted Bundy or that kid who shot up Stoneman or the kids who shot up Columbine?

Someday you and I need to have a PM about the ins and outs of poor impulse control, what it is, what causes it, who is susceptible, and how to deal with it! FWIW, I taught Special Ed for 17 years so I do have some experience with poor impulse control. No, I didn't blame that on the devil or felt that the kid had an evil nature. But so much of that was teaching them turn-taking and patience. None of them killed or tortured a classmate or family member. I was fortunate to never have to deal with that.

I believe in the force of causation... people give off warning signs, find out what is going on with them and help them address it...
99 times out of a hundred, those signs are incredibly obvious... In hindsight, but then there's a guy like the Las Vegas shooter. Nobody to this day knows why he did that.
if they can't, or won't, just take off and nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!!! Amen, brother
In Bold
As I've said before, a person can always choose to not do a heinous act.

Evil people have always been around to do evil things.

Criminals who do the Crime aka dirty deed (Sane, insane, low, medium and high iq people.) are EVIL PEOPLE no matter how much Politically Correct People don't like to use the words evil, wrong, crime, sin, sicko, deviant behavior, etc.

Cate

Evil people have always been around to do evil things.

Criminals who do the Crime aka dirty deed (Sane, insane, low, medium and high iq people.) are EVIL PEOPLE no matter how much Politically Correct People don't like to use the words evil, wrong, crime, sin, sicko, deviant behavior, etc.

Cate

PS: I BLAME THE CRIMINAL - the evil person and he or she should accept FULL PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY FOR DOING THE CRIME aka the dirty deed.

A murderer should be hung in the public square or shot by a firing squad after a fair and speedy trial. No needle like you put an old dog or cancer ridden dog to sleep.

You put down a rabid or non rabid dog who is Vicious and who has attacked, mauled, bitten and/or killed people of ALL AGES or other animals willy nilly who was NOT defending it's owner or home.

That is what should be done to the criminal murderer. He should NOT be let loose into SOCIETY.

Some people say that is not 'Christian of me' since so many, ahem, RELIGIONS now are against the death penalty and gone ANTI GUN, bla, bla and bla. I say that we should take care of business here on earth and when the criminal murderer gets to meet his Maker - God will decide what happens to him.

Canada let the CRIMINAL MURDERER a few years ago loose. LOOK it up since it was all over the news. The Canadian man, Chinese or Korean descent, BEHEADED A YOUNG MAN on a public bus and started to eat parts of the dead body. The Canadian LE people caught him and LOCKED HIM UP and after X AMOUNT OF YEARS (NO life sentence or the death penalty!) let him out of jail as long as the murderer promised to take his PSYCHO BABBLE BIG PHARMA DRUGS. I swear to God that you can't make this crapola up when it comes to ALL JUDGES, THE PAROLE BOARDS AND THE SYSTEM IN GENERAL!

Cate who was always for the DEATH PENALTY.

PS: I BLAME THE CRIMINAL - the evil person and he or she should accept FULL PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY FOR DOING THE CRIME aka the dirty deed.

A murderer should be hung in the public square or shot by a firing squad after a fair and speedy trial. No needle like you put an old dog or cancer ridden dog to sleep.

You put down a rabid or non rabid dog who is Vicious and who has attacked, mauled, bitten and/or killed people of ALL AGES or other animals willy nilly who was NOT defending it's owner or home.

That is what should be done to the criminal murderer. He should NOT be let loose into SOCIETY.

Some people say that is not 'Christian of me' since so many, ahem, RELIGIONS now are against the death penalty and gone ANTI GUN, bla, bla and bla. I say that we should take care of business here on earth and when the criminal murderer gets to meet his Maker - God will decide what happens to him.

Canada let the CRIMINAL MURDERER a few years ago loose. LOOK it up since it was all over the news. The Canadian man, Chinese or Korean descent, BEHEADED A YOUNG MAN on a public bus and started to eat parts of the dead body. The Canadian LE people caught him and LOCKED HIM UP and after X AMOUNT OF YEARS (NO life sentence or the death penalty!) let him out of jail as long as the murderer promised to take his PSYCHO BABBLE BIG PHARMA DRUGS. I swear to God that you can't make this crapola up when it comes to ALL JUDGES, THE PAROLE BOARDS AND THE SYSTEM IN GENERAL!

Cate who was always for the DEATH PENALTY.

The Canadian murdering man changed his name too!

TIL: Vince Li, the man who beheaded and cannibalized a passenger on a Greyhound bus, was released and is not considered a significant safety threat : todayilearned

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/vince-li-discharge-1.3977278

Manitoba
Vince Li, man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus, given absolute discharge

Man now known as Will Lee Baker does not pose significant threat to public, review board says
CBC News · Posted: Feb 10, 2017 4:17 PM CT | Last Updated: February 10, 2017

There are many links to this true news crime story and the FAMILY OF THE MURDERED MAN are NOT happy campers, obviously.

Cate

None of the rational presented about non-gun crimes will EVER be accepted by libs/dems/antis etc.
They will have a myriad of ways to side step or 'excuse' their way out of it.
Being anti gun has become an 'enduring' cause of their identity.

Bada bing - bada boom!

You nailed it here and thank you.

Cate

A murdering full of EVIL intentions CRIMINAL will find a way to do his dirty deed no matter if he uses HIS BARE HANDS and/or any object, tool or THING.

TOO bad that NO one could stop this latest criminal in Japan.

The 'news' keeps on telling us how JAPAN has such a low crime rate over and over again.

I thought that Japan has one of the most vicious types of criminal gangs in the world.

Cate

In Bold
As I've said before, a person can always choose to not do a heinous act.

We don't disagree on much really, just whether it's an internal or an external thing. To be sure, I was never responding with a suggestion that people not be punished, or even prevented from doing it again by being put down.

Sending PM...

I say when someone does stuff like this, kill them. Make it known the world is done tolerating evil.

All humans are born with both good and evil, and each of us make choices which way we choose to live our lives! Our parents influence us, our teachers and other adults in our early life, and our religious beliefs also influence our choices! Some cannot differentiate between good and evil, right or wrong, should, should not! Those people some how manage to exist among us, and every now and then one of them finally gets caught!
We used to identify those types and tjrough various means, keep them seporated from society, but its politically not p.c. any more, so society is now stuck with them!
Drugs further remove the natural programming and people addicted are more likely to do bad things, partly to continue getting their high, and partally because their mental state makes it easier to ignore the good impulses, and give in to the evil ones!

Cain slew Abel with a rock...or so I was told way back in Sunday School...

Folks have harming others since the dawn of time... hands and feet , rocks , sticks , clubs , knives , spears , swords , bows , and the beat goes on as the songs says...

It ain't the item used , its the person and how they use the item...
And I ain't buying that tired old : "Well a gun makes it easier to kill..."
BS...Just how often have any us , missed an easy shot...?
And that's just on the firing line....
Its the person's willingness to kill that makes it easy or difficult.
Andy

I especially like the whole "AR's are only good at killin as many as possible, as fast as possible and nothing else" and always from someone who has never actually fired one, or ever worn a Uniform of our armed forces! I once even had this convo with a Vietnam vet, he was the most vocal about the AR being such an efficient killing machine! Me being me, I asked him how many thousands of rounds it took for HIS "AR" to actually kill the enemy? Then I asked him how many hundreds of thousands of tons of bombs it took to kill the enemy? How many thousands of dead enemy solders did all that account for, and thus justify the cost? He got super pizzed and stormed off! Apparently the truth confuses his facts!
Yea, an AR makes it super easy to kill lots of people, much more easier then all others apparently, cause we all know that widdle tiny boolit is so much more powerful then the big Ol Honkin Thuddy Cal!:eek::eek::eek:

I especially like the whole "AR's are only good at killin as many as possible, as fast as possible and nothing else" and always from someone who has never actually fired one, or ever worn a Uniform of our armed forces! I once even had this convo with a Vietnam vet, he was the most vocal about the AR being such an efficient killing machine! Me being me, I asked him how many thousands of rounds it took for HIS "AR" to actually kill the enemy? Then I asked him how many hundreds of thousands of tons of bombs it took to kill the enemy? How many thousands of dead enemy solders did all that account for, and thus justify the cost? He got super pizzed and stormed off! Apparently the truth confuses his facts!
Yea, an AR makes it super easy to kill lots of people, much more easier then all others apparently, cause we all know that widdle tiny boolit is so much more powerful then the big Ol Honkin Thuddy Cal!:eek::eek::eek:
Maybe the Russians are just crazy, but some still prefer 7.62x39 and their special forces keep some available IICR.

All these new gun laws are "death by a thousand cuts".

Yet those that choose to do evil can inflict death with just one. More laws won't change the actions of those that choose to ignore them all.
Killing is a matter of will, Not weapons, You can't control the act itself by passing laws about the means employed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top