JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
None of the rational presented about non-gun crimes will EVER be accepted by libs/dems/antis etc.
They will have a myriad of ways to side step or 'excuse' their way out of it.
Being anti gun has become an 'enduring' cause of their identity.

What do you mean evil really exists? :s0131:
I mean that there is something that causes a person to attack school children. This isn't rational. It isn't insanity. It is some force. Call it Satan, call it evil, call it demonic possession, whatever. A sane person does not take it upon him or herself to go out and slash and stab a bunch of schoolgirls. A normal person doesn't shoot a bunch of kindergarten children. Good people don't herd people into gas chambers because of their religion or ethnicity.
IMO it is some force that causes people to do these heinous things. I choose to call that evil as in the devil made them do it. I do not use that as an excuse for their behavior but rather as the reason. They made a conscious choice to commit a horrible act. You can laugh at my belief that there is a Satan manipulating people. You may even be right, but how on earth can anyone deny that there is some malevolent force, natural or supernatural that makes or manipulates or seduces people into doing horrible things. Call it whatever you wish, but at least acknowledge that it is real.

They really do sort of have gun as well as knife control over there. Even carrying a small pocket knife can get you in trouble, especially if you are a gaijin.

Yep. I was there last October for three weeks and was told to leave my pocket knives at home. Talk about feeling naked!

:eek: Let's not forget cars and trucks. A maniac. Can go get a kenworth and start mowing down people at a public event. With the A/C on and listening to his favorite jam tracks on the stereo

Sounds like fun... which way to Charlotte? :eek:

I mean that there is something that causes a person to attack school children. This isn't rational. It isn't insanity. It is some force. Call it Satan, call it evil, call it demonic possession, whatever. A sane person does not take it upon him or herself to go out and slash and stab a bunch of schoolgirls. A normal person doesn't shoot a bunch of kindergarten children. Good people don't herd people into gas chambers because of their religion or ethnicity.
IMO it is some force that causes people to do these heinous things. I choose to call that evil as in the devil made them do it. I do not use that as an excuse for their behavior but rather as the reason. They made a conscious choice to commit a horrible act. You can laugh at my belief that there is a Satan manipulating people. You may even be right, but how on earth can anyone deny that there is some malevolent force, natural or supernatural that makes or manipulates or seduces people into doing horrible things. Call it whatever you wish, but at least acknowledge that it is real.

Disagree, no force outside of mankind's own evil desires and f'd up thinking, religious our not, makes a person do these things. That concept would excuse all personal responsibility, and I reject it outright. At my age, I know for a fact that we are all capable of evil deeds... doing good or doing evil is a personal choice... the voices told me so!!!

All these new gun laws are "death by a thousand cuts".

It will get to a point with no civilian gun or knife ownership even the police will have no use to carry guns. Right?

I remember a friend who was in the Marines back in the 80s. I don't recall if it was Korea or Japan. But he said when they got out of hand at the bars the local police would storm in with short Billy clubs and beat the snot out of the drunk Marines.

Of course it helped that they submitted to authority, but he said those cops were no joke.

Disagree, no force outside of mankind's own evil desires and f'd up thinking, religious our not, makes a person do these things. That concept would excuse all personal responsibility, and I reject it outright. At my age, I know for a fact that we are all capable of evil deeds... doing good or doing evil is a personal choice... the voices told me so!!!
Please note that in my post I said that people make the conscious choice to kill a bunch of kids or not, nor would I allow the devil made me do it as a defense. I equally oppose insanity as a defense. You did the crime, you pay the price.

But I'll ask: What put the idea of killing a bunch of people into the killer's head in the first place?

It will get to a point with no civilian gun or knife ownership even the police will have no use to carry guns. Right?
That's an interesting point. IIRC, the Bobbies in England never used to be armed, but now that they have draconian gun control, the police there need to carry guns. Crazy world, huh?

They really do sort of have gun as well as knife control over there. Even carrying a small pocket knife can get you in trouble, especially if you are a gaijin.
They were still selling a couple 4" Benchmade fixed blade knives at the local milsurp store in Shibuya! If I wasn't relying on carry-on I would have bought one there!

I remember a friend who was in the Marines back in the 80s. I don't recall if it was Korea or Japan. But he said when they got out of hand at the bars the local police would storm in with short Billy clubs and beat the snot out of the drunk Marines.

Of course it helped that they submitted to authority, but he said those cops were no joke.
They were carrying revolvers when I was there, just FYI...

But I'll ask: What put the idea of killing a bunch of people into the killer's head in the first place?

It wasn't the devil. It wasn't a space being. It wasn't kharma. It wasn't cosmic rays. There are many outside influences/experiences that can lead to messed up thinking... including seeing reports of others that have done the same types of things. People become bent for many reasons, but criminal thinking begins with blaming others and outside forces for what we do.

Here's one for you, since you asked me one, what makes a grown man decide to put his hands down a 7yr olds pants? Is he just being devilish, is he being driven by a magic force, is there some evil wind directing him?

This just goes to show that HUMANS are the violent weapon, all lethal implements used to facilitate that violence are merely tools... my size-12 Danners that I'm currently wearing will facilitate me stomping a mud-hole in someone's guts quite nicely... try banning footwear! :rolleyes:

It wasn't the devil. It wasn't a space being. It wasn't kharma. It wasn't cosmic rays. There are many outside influences/experiences that can lead to messed up thinking... including seeing reports of others that have done the same types of things. People become bent for many reasons, but criminal thinking begins with blaming others and outside forces for what we do.

Here's one for you, since you asked me one, what makes a grown man decide to put his hands down a 7yr olds pants? Is he just being devilish, is he being driven by a magic force, is there some evil wind directing him?

I'm very close to this one, having a step-daughter that works for the Idaho State Parole Board, having friends that are psychologists, and having spent some time around criminals and sex offenders. Go talk to some of these people about why they did what they did... you will get a pretty consistent pattern of answers across the board that all boils down to: because of this, that, or the other... because of somebody did something to me, because they deserved it, because I had to, because xyz made me, because I got mad, because just because. These people are all delusional, self-made victims of various thinking errors. None of them will tell you the real reason: it's because they wanted to. It's because they got something out of it. Some gratification, some profit, some kind of twisted reward, be it revenge, to get even, to get money since everybody else has some and they don't got enough, to get infamous, because they hurt and now everyone has to pay, or to get their jollies in some way no matter how sick.

Some of my psych friends believe there are physical causes: https://www.apa.org/monitor/2014/02/criminal-mind

On the outside, violent offenders come in all shapes, sizes, colors and ages. But on the inside, research finds that they may share some traits. Here's a look at some of the biological risk factors psychologists and others have linked to violence — and the interventions they're testing to reduce that risk.

Brain structure and function
The amygdala — a part of the brain involved in fear, aggression and social interactions — is implicated in crime. Among the research that points to this link is a neuroimaging study led by Dustin Pardini, PhD, of the University of Pittsburgh.

Others like me believe that evil lies in the hearts and minds of men and that we train our amydala to react and our cortex to sleep: Top Ten Criminal Thinking Errors | Criminal Thinking

Criminal thinking errors are prevalent in our society and these made the top ten list thanks to the ground-breaking work of Stanton Samenow and Yochelson in their three volumes of work titled, "The Criminal Personality". Although these errors are considered "criminal thinking" they really are present in each of us to varying degrees. Offenders take these errors to the extreme which then develops into patterns of thinking and behavior that continually victimize and harm others.

I firmly believe that we can each do research into criminality, as well as some self-analysis and soul searching that can answer many of the general population's questions about why criminals behave the way they do. And it's nothing to do with Satan in whatever guise one can imagine.

"What evil exists in the hearts of men? ... The Shadow knows!!!"

In reality it is every bad thing that has ever happened and ever will. We are capable of so much that is both good and bad. The better question is not why that is, but what stops us?

Last Edited:
And my answer is...
I don't know.
I only know that there is too much horrible bubblegum going on in the world.
It is my belief that there is a devil or evil force or whatever that drives it. It is also my belief that a person can say "No." to that temptation or urge. If they don't say no and act on that urge then they must be held to man's justice. They can blame whatever they want but they must be held accountable.

Weapon bans don't stop violence. Where there is an evil will, there is always a way.

'Priceless' describes the look on our HR managers face when there was a general discussion on the company prohibiting weapons including small pocket knives and I walked over the the paper cutter and removed the 18" heavy sharp cutting arm and told her, look, it even comes with a handle. :eek:

Sad, a country with the most draconian gun restrictions in the world would still have murders despite the fact that NO ONE can own a firearm! Sure makes sence dosnt it? Yup, me too!
One would think that once the guns were banned, crimes would ha e evaporated, Right? Lessons we dont seem to learn here, because crime does pay in out for profit justice system!

Sad, a country with the most draconian gun restrictions in the world would still have murders despite the fact that NO ONE can own a firearm! Sure makes sence dosnt it? Yup, me too!
One would think that once the guns were banned, crimes would ha e evaporated, Right? Lessons we dont seem to learn here, because crime does pay in out for profit justice system!

Imagine the course Japan would have gone in if this event never happened:
Inejiro Asanuma - Wikipedia

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews