JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NRA also has a link, NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps, that does most of the work for you. You select the folks you want to contact and input your information and the elected officials get and email from you.

I spent Saturday morning emailing all of my state and federal reps. Today I got a reply from Jeff Barker (Oregon House of Represenatives), stating his support of the 2nd Ammendment.

fax numbers for oregon too.. faxes really get to them...
Faxes
Rep Earl Blumenauer
(503) 230-5413
(202) 225-8941
Senator Wyden
(202) 228-2717
Senator Merkley
(202) 228-3997

Fax: (202) 225-9497

January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Biggie24420:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on gun ownership and gun safety legislation.

Like all Americans, I was deeply saddened by the horrific shootings in Connecticut and at the Clackamas Shopping Center. I was also reminded that such events are unfortunately all too common in our country.

I support the right of sportsmen to purchase guns to hunt and target shoot. I also support the right of law-abiding citizens to own certain firearms in accordance with the Second Amendment. However, I believe that current gun laws in the United States are contributing to a problem of gun violence that is out of control. In many states, it's impossible to even close the gun show loophole where individuals can purchase unlimited amount of guns without a reasonable background check.

Hundreds of people die from gun accidents and thousands of people are killed by gun violence every year. Assault weapons are available over the counter and can come with enormous magazines that serve no purpose in sports or target shooting. Too often our system of providing care to those with mental health disorders, who may become violent, often falls short.

In the aftermath of recent shootings, it has been encouraging to learn that many people actually do think that reasonable common-sense steps can be taken to reduce gun violence. Indeed, surveys show that the majority of NRA members disagree with many of the policies that the NRA itself is promoting. It is time to have a thoughtful and rational conversation about gun safety. This is why I support assault weapons legislation in the 113th Congress, along with a number of other pieces of legislation that will increase background checks and improve research so that we can better understand gun violence.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you will continue to be a part of this important discussion. Please continue to be in touch.

Sincerely,

Earl Blumenauer

Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress

Since when did the second amendment specify WHICH firearms we can own?? "ASSAULT'' rifles are NOT available over the counter to the average citizen. Better tell the guys at CAMP PERRY that these firearms are not used for sporting or target shooting. Common sense , well then ENFORCE THE LAWS , put criminals in a prison, instead of a 4 star hotel, then release them. What good will it do to make MORE laws that will NOT be enforced?? YOU sir, should GET IN TOUCH, and, do the job THE PEOPLE who voted you in want you to do. Protect our 2nd amendment rights.

I use both the Ruger and the NRA sites each day sending the automated responses in my name, my wife's and our two son's. Then I prick one politician and write them directly usually off their website so NRA or Ruger don't show when they receive them. I agree none of them are probably read. Doesn't matter. First I feel better. Second, by sending the e-mails and making phone calls we are taking a page from the Left's playbook. We're jamming their communication system and that can't be ignored even if it doesn't completely change their voting.

It was all lined up nice and pretty when I sent it. It messed up a little when I pasted it here. Thanks for the info on where to write my 2 cents anyway.

I find the transparently biased anti-gun media blitz in the wake of Sandy Hook disgusting. History shows that mass murder doesn't require a 30 round magazine or a bayonet lug or even a foward grip.
In 1966 a mentally ill man climbed a tower in Texas and killed 14 and wounded
32 others with a deer rifle. The D.C. sniper may have used an AR15 I don't know but a bolt action would have been more accurate. A sawed off pump shot gun could be as deadly as a semi automatic assault weapon in an enclosed
classroom. Of course in the Oklahoma City bombing no guns were required.
All this debate about stepping all over the 2nd Amendment has only increased gun sales. Now a record number of people who would not have otherwise, have purchaced a firearm for the first time in a panic.
Please just enforce the existing laws and deal with mental illness!
Quit punishing the law abiding gun owners with feel good measures put out by Dianne Feinstein and her ilk. California is becoming a failed state. Why are we listening to them?
In closing I would like to say that all this has turned me into a one issue voter.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top