JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of reloading.

ME....
I would worry about it.

I mean........it's NOT like we're building an ICBM here.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....yeah, mine is from Harbor Freight. And before that........the plastic dial type as sold by RCBS.

Speaking of reloading.

ME....
I would worry about it.

I mean........it's NOT like we're building an ICBM here.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....yeah, mine is from Harbor Freight. And before that........the plastic dial type as sold by RCBS.
I'm building mini missiles.
So there's that.

Good analogs work best for me in accuracy, stability and reliability, along with any object of known precise dimension for calibration checks, , like dowel pins, or ground drill blank.
For Precision work, Every series of measurement starts with a check for size of a .375 dowel pin which has a tolerance of +/-0.0002 and is kept with the caliper. Every measurement, from initial check to the last cartridge, start with a wiping of my thumb on the surface of the jaws to ensure their clean and didn't pick up a crumb from the last measurement.
Whenever I feel like it needs it, I blow out the rack and pinion of dust.

Most things don't need nats @zz measuring. Its best not to use a scale reading to a half a thousandths when all you need is a hundredth or thousandths. I have a couple wood and plastic ones in the shop that read 1/16th and 32's that are nearly worn out form use, though I like the digital for such things now cause it converts to fractions decimal and MM instantly.

Calipers are not the most accurate measuring instruments, especially cheaper calipers and when using for depth, shoulder and ID. I trust my good ones to +/- 0.001" when measuring OD with the jaws.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top