JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really feel for you. Breakdown in law & order doesn't serve anybody. You are going to have to deal with this, by yourself or with some trusted neighbors. Don't post your strategy here. ;)

Don't know if your county recycling center does this, but in Marion County, you can get paint for free to cover up the tagging. They just blend in a bunch of recycled latex paint. The batches I've seen end up being a light tan color. I know that's not the best paint, but it's free for 5 gallon buckets and covers graffiti well. Unfortunately, it's most likely a matter of who will give up first, you or the taggers.

Around here, people have started a neighborhood watch program. You have to pay for the signs and you may or may not get some extra patrols. May not be a total solution, but at least it's a start. We've gotten together to clean up abandoned property and helped others paint over tagging on fences. A bunch of the people actually took over a local county park that the county couldn't afford to maintain. They cut the grass, keep fences in repair, get playground equipment, and have built jogging paths. Very seldom do we ever see any signs of gangs any more.

My point is that it's not an easy problem to overcome, but it can be done.

The Mrs. had the morning off, so she pulled out the Goof Off Graffiti remover and cleaned the shed with a microfiber cloth. It's vinyl siding.

She toured the neighborhood. We have one retired fellow whose back yard these crim's visited. He had active security cameras which he turned over to Wa. County Deputies while they were visiting.
I could'nt' make out the full count from the text's but a number of homes where hit.

I know that in L.A. Caltrans got tired of having to remove tags from the decorative sound walls and signs so the locations that were particularly hit hard they would apply a clear wax based paint sealer so all you had to do was hose it off...

The side of my property runs along, what is now, an alleyway/walking path. My fence gets hit from time to time, as well as several neighbors fences and sheds. One night I was in the yard along the fence fairly late so my dog could do her business. I hear someone outside my fence and the distinct sound of a spray can lid being popped off. I didn't say a word, unholstered my daily carry, and racked the slide as loudly and obvious as I could. The perp ran off double time. There was a significant lull in crime outside my fence for a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top