JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any particular ones people here can recommend? I will say I like comfort and wear stuff a little on the loose side. I also get too hot easily. Is there a brand anyone likes? A particualr style? I see some that are made with mesh in the back-making it easier to keep cool, but those dont seem like they would hold heavier loads as well as regular nylon, non mesh fabric. I would think it would stretch more. I like the idea of not having to walk over to the truck or supply table to keep grabbing ammo to reload, keeping more on my person seems appealing. I see quite a bit on ebay that are inexpensive (dont have much cash to play with) but wasnt sure about which is better. Ideas?

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

i was thinking something similar. might come in handy for hunting or just general outdoor use. its light, inexpensive, and looks like it would keep the weight low toward your hips.

For long gun or pistol mags, or revolver speeedloaders? Or combination of same? Intended capacity? Do you expect to carry additional gear: hydration, first aid, comm, illumination tools, etc? Integrated ballistic protection?

For casual practice, hunting, classes, EOTW event?

Molle gear offers the most felxibility but add-ons may make it the most pricey option. Mag carriers or a simple dump bag attached to a sturdy and rigid belt may suffice depending on the task.

For long gun or pistol mags, or revolver speeedloaders? Or combination of same? Intended capacity? Do you expect to carry additional gear: hydration, first aid, comm, illumination tools, etc? Integrated ballistic protection?

For casual practice, hunting, classes, EOTW event?

Molle gear offers the most felxibility but add-ons may make it the most pricey option. Mag carriers or a simple dump bag attached to a sturdy and rigid belt may suffice depending on the task.

Just a vest that will hold extra pistol mags and rifle rounds and magazines, flashlight, couple of tools, maybe a radio, etc.Mostly for casual practice when im out target shooting. And to be honest, I like the look of those black vests lol.

I found that the mesh vests are typically warmer than the open style vests. I sweat a lot but never seem to have any issue unless its the zip up kind of vest.

Cheaper than dirt has some decent deals. You should decide if you want a vest or a chest bib type of harness.

i'm selling my blackhawk vest. I think I used it total of 2 times for halloween. here's the vest I have for sale in Olive drab green.
https://blackhawk.com/products/tactical-nylon/vests/tactical/urban-assault-vest
It served me well on those two tours of trick or treating on october 31st. :s0114:
its more vest than i need. I use a cheapo chest harness when I go out to shoot rifle. Should consider what you really want and go from there. We got guys who are okay with using cheap airsoft stuff like condor to the best paraclete plate carriers with soft armor side plates in the cummerbunds.

i'm still trying to convince my friend to stop by pinnacle and pick me up some dragon skin.

When buying the gear from "Condor" be careful with it. I have had the female portion of the snap on two separate pieces of their gear (bought both at the same time and was the first, and last time, I bought gear from them)

Buyer Beware.

SF-

Snap up that Blackhawk if you can. Also the MOLLE chest harness types are good, but if that's not the style you're looking for then I'd reiterate the Blackhawk option.

You could always look at the 5.1.1 Tactical-made vests, but dunno if that's more casual wearing than what you're looking for.

When buying the gear from "Condor" be careful with it. I have had the female portion of the snap on two separate pieces of their gear (bought both at the same time and was the first, and last time, I bought gear from them)

Buyer Beware.

SF-

+1 on what SF said. Condor stuff does NOT get my vote of confidence. Too many busted zippers, seams undone, etc etc. stick to notable companies who do reputable decent work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top