Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

tactical Vest

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by mcneal9926, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mcneal9926

mcneal9926 Oregon Active Member

Looking for an affordable camo tactical vest. Any suggestions?

2. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

I saw while doing a thread search that there were some other older threads on here but a lot of the links are bad, so I thought I would add myself to this one see what people have for recommendations

3. knuckle Head

Thanks, I will check them out.

I would $100.00 is a good deal, you are right I should defined it, $100.00 to $150.00 for decked out vest would be nice.

I have seen a lot $50. - $60.00 that stuff velcros stuff on, I am like do I really want my pistol pouch velcro'd on so it can be snagged off by a branch in an E&E situation or while in a tussle with a bone head having them grab in and snatch it off my vest.

A lot of manufacturers obviously do not have any idea of what they are making and for what is for they are copy cat clueless clowns.

4. knuckle Head

I checked out the rig mentioned above and I am not sold on it, I am looking something that has at least three rifle mag pouches each holding two large mags, a pistol pouch and about three single mag pouches, if they outside of the pistol pouch held an extra mag that would be a bonus as well.

Also, I would prefer a vest that zips in thfront so I can toss it on while on the move,

Extra pouches for misc stuff, like batteries and flashlight, wound tratment etc., and attachment points so i could have a hydration bladder on the back, or other gear.

Something like is what I am looking for, but I am not soldon it yet Buy NcStar Military Cross Draw Tactical Vest w/ Integrated Holster - OD Green XL | NCS-CTVL2916G at Airsoft Megastore

5. knuckle Head

Thanks, that is what I was looking for,

Yeah i was not going to buy the el cheapo I was using it try and describe with a picture of what I wanted.

Do you know does the AR mag holders each hold two mags, I would assume so but hate to assume.

6. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

7. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Are there any owners of the Blackhawk Omega series? Reviews on Amazon.com seem to indicate that the holster is OK for a mid-size pistol such as a Glock 19 or a 4" 1911, but nothing larger.

I'd like to know if the holster would fit a larger pistol such as a XDm 4.5".

Peter

8. childishthing

childishthing Salem, OR Member

This is my vest. Military issue while I was with CCT. This is the vest I used when we were in Panama running real slick. 3 M16 mags, 1 pistol mag, 2 grenades. Very light, very durable.

Untitled-1_zps94a0a4dd.png

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

This isn't as attractive as some of the vests/plate-carriers on the market, but I can vouch for it.

Military Surplus Load Bearing Vest (LBV) Holds 6 AR-15 30 Round Mags 2

You would have to find a belt (GI Pistol Belt) to transfer some of the weight onto your hips to get the maximum out of it.

For heaven-sakes, don't waste your money on the NC Star vests.

10. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Check out Molle II tactical vests & puoches, just beware of the airsoft wantabee lookalikes. You can set up your vest for the way you want to be comfortable.
    I have some 3 mag (AR) puoches in the classified section.