JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe ditch the idea of the vest all together. If you're wearing a vest and carrying a rifle, you're going loud and proud. Maybe put together a duty belt rig? Another option is kydex combo carriers like this:

View attachment 707819
They clip on to your belt. Keep a paddle holster like a Safariland 6378 and you'd be well equipped real quick.

If someone is carrying a rifle in a defensive manner, isn't that inherently "loud and proud@ whether wearing a vest/plate carrier or not?

I think the sneaky mag carriers are neat, but what would be the point of sneakily carrying rifle mags unless a rifle is also carried, and that seems less sneaky naturally.

If someone is carrying a rifle in a defensive manner, isn't that inherently "loud and proud@ whether wearing a vest/plate carrier or not?

I think the sneaky mag carriers are neat, but what would be the point of sneakily carrying rifle mags unless a rifle is also carried, and that seems less sneaky naturally.

It was more of a lead-in that a duty belt rig would be fine because being covert isn't an issue. I think he had mentioned he didn't have armor, so the belt would be an option over a vest.

Those carriers aren't sneaky either. But, they are easily packable and can be clipped on your standard belt in two seconds. Slip a paddle holster with a retention device like the Safariland 6378 on your other hip and you essentially have a duty-capable rig.

Maybe ditch the idea of the vest all together. If you're wearing a vest and carrying a rifle, you're going loud and proud. Maybe put together a duty belt rig? Another option is kydex combo carriers like this:

View attachment 707819
They clip on to your belt. Keep a paddle holster like a Safariland 6378 and you'd be well equipped real quick.
What are those mag carriers?

What are those mag carriers?

They are made by a friend of mine who I work with. He owns a company called "Cascadia Concealment". You choose double stack or single stack pistol carrier and then a single or double rifle magazine set up. They are attached to a material that I think is normally used for scuba applications that is tough and flexible so the rig can bend with the shape of your body. There is a middle clip you cant see that keeps it from sagging.

He makes stuff like this, holsters, tourniquet carriers, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top