Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tactical Solutions AR-22 M4

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Iceberg, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

This last weekend at the Portland OR Gun Show I picked up a NIB Tactical Solutions AR M4 22 LR upper w/ two high capacity Black Dog magazines for $400. I then picked up a new LMT Complete Lower with the SopMod Collapsing Buttstock for $325. The only down side is that I now have to order a new hammer to replace the notched hammer than came from LMT. I pretty excited about picking up a dedicated .22 LR AR for $725; I almost bought an S&W M&P 15-22 earlier at the show that was selling for $419, buy it felt cheap like a toy.

I just bought a USGI Matech BUIS for the AR22 Upper and a new LMT 16" M4 upper to complete the set. I now have a new LMT M4 w/ SopMod for under $900.

2. On the Hammer, ask around someone here might have an extra you need the one with the rounded top. I had to do the same thing. At Pk firearms.com They sell a reduced tension hammer and trigger spring that is supposed to help with reliability in the .22 ar's. I'm going to give it a try. I noticed that you have to keep the bolt group really lubed up to get reliability.
    Kyle

3. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

I think the lubing depends on the maker. My spikes kit likes to be almost completely dry. Just a tiny bit of clp on a q-tip over the rails. The reduced hammer spring helps a lot. but dont use it with 223. Spikes sells all of the stuff. the Tactical Solutions upper is pretty much identical to the spikes one.

4. Mine is the tac. sol.

5. Iceberg

Both of my Colt's have 1/7 bbls. I already have a Ciener kit that works OK, however it is not very accurate and sure does makes a mess of the internals.

6. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I use the CMMG Conversion kit. Works great!

7. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

The question was "Would you guys buy a LMT upper to complete the set?"

They don't make a kit that lets you use .223 in a .22lr upper.

I would go for it if you can afford it/don't already have a .223.

8. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I use a dedicated .22 LR AR rifle due to the fact it makes one heck of a mess to the rest of the rifle.

SF-

9. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I'm with Silver Fox on this one. Rimfire ammo is messy stuff. The whole lower gets covered in crud. My dedicated lower has a reduced power hammer spring as well.

10. Iceberg

I took your advice & picked up a new DPMS complete lower today for my TacSol upper.

11. Swaney109

Swaney109 vancouver Member

So your conversion kit works great, what type of upper is it in? I have a CMMG upper that is a 1/7 twist. I'm thinking of getting the complete upper but if the con kit works good enough then it would save some money. What do you think?

12. Swaney109

Swaney109 vancouver Member

Dose any body have an opinion about this upper? Looks like a great deal Coctailer has.