JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been building a Remington Model 11 tactical shotgun and need to add sights. Ghost ring sights look like a good option, but are they worth the money? I've been looking at the ghost ring and big dot from XS. I'm open to other brands or suggestions. Anyone have any advice on what to use?

Gaust, Are you really taking a Model 11,which was a Browning A-5 licensed to Remington to build from 1911 to 1946,and turning it into a tactical shotgun? It seems that would ruin it's classic lines as a hunting shotgun. I'd leave the bead sight as is if that were the case.

Yes I am. It's actually a pre-model 11 manufactured in 1909. I have a Browning A-5 already and would not do anything to it. I agree with you about not destroying a nice gun The Remington I purchased from another NWFA member. The barrel was already cut to 18.5", spraypainted, and the stock was in rough shape. Great start on a uniuqe tactical autoloader. The barrel has a solid rib and no sight or bead. Is a bead a good choice for a tactical shotgun?

I just bought a Weatherby PA459 with rear ghost site & front fibor optics, I also have a mossberg with just the front bead site. I prefer the ghost sites over the bead, it seems to be easier/quicker to get on target....

Got the ghost rings on my Mossberg 590 and even though I like um, they're not for everyone. Maybe you could go to a gun store and throw up a shotgun that has them on to see if they will work for ya before you lay out the $$$

I would stick with the bead, also. I made a "tactical shotgun" from an old Western Field pump gun that had a damaged barrel. I cut the barrel down to legal length+ fudge factor, and never did put a bead or any other kind of sight on it. I find that I shoot it fast and accurately without even thinking of a sight. I don't miss it a bit and have been shooting it for a long, long time like that. I even took a big tom turkey with it once... no sights and no choke!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top