JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love me mossberg 930 spx. Definitely reliable, light weight, easy handling and ergonomics. I've owned mossy pumps before and remington pumps and autos but this is definitely my favorite off all the guns I've owned. My Remington 1100 I use to own was a good gun but a bit finicky with cheapo ammo (all autos are but the mossy is less sensitive) and reloading on an 1100 was slow and cumbersome to me.

One Auto 12 gauge I would not recommend owning is one of the old remington model 11's. They're a pain in the rear to tear apart and put back together (the first time when you have no manual or experience with one like I did) and hate light loads and will constantly malfunction with them.

Thank you. I have heard nothing but good about Mossy pumps, never occored to me that they offered an auto. I will look into that. Been looking at a Beretta, but it scares me, in that it is no longer made. Steve

I picked up a police trade-in Remington 11-87 Police 4-5 years back and have loved it ever since. If you can find one at a decent price go for it.

Otherwise the Mossberg 930SPX would be my second choice.

Picture=1000 words

S02-16inchwt.gif

Stemclroy Thank you for the input. Ihave heard nothing but good about the 11-87 and will be looking at gunshows as well as on line. Any idea what they are bringing?

OK so as not to be closed minded, where could I find one and what would it cost to get into on the entry levelwith maybe a couple 10 or 12 round magazines

Stmcelroy Thank you for the input. Ihave heard nothing but good about the 11-87 and will be looking at gunshows as well as on line. Any idea what they are bringing?

I picked mine up at The Gunbroker in Clackamas years back for $409 OTD.

Brand new they run $700-800, but you should be able to find one for $400-500 if you look around.

i use a remington model 11, it's an old school shotgun, but it works every time. and you can put a regular remington 870 mag tube on it.8 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Wow I called Keiths over in Gresham and was quoted $459.00

Was this for the 930 SPX? When I called around I found several that were cheaper only to find out that they were other models of 930 and not the SPX. The two models of SPX retail for $721 and $807 right now. If you can get one for $459 GRAB IT! :s0155:

OK so as not to be closed minded, where could I find one and what would it cost to get into on the entry levelwith maybe a couple 10 or 12 round magazines

I love my saiga. Power of a 12ga w/ the reliability of an AK47. Most gun stores will have them (Gunzone had some the last time I was in). They're $550-600, mags are best bought online ($34-$50ea)

<broken link removed>

you can also get a 20rd drum. They're a bit spendy, but it's some serious firepower and not too bulky (like the 12rd mag)

Saigas are running about $500 right now through centerfiresystems or others or more if you buy from a stocking dealer. MD has a sale on 20 round drums for $100 as a presale items right now with delivery in 2 months or so. I paid $42 a pop for my 12 rounders from carolina.

you and others are going to talk me into this yet. found brand new for 475. yea or nay ? must order, but only 1 week out. would sure like to hold one in my hands. suggestions?