JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please tell me that this is a joke. Who would expect to use a "tactical pen" to defend themselves? I just saw my first one, a CRKT Elishowitz design given to a friend at a birthday party.

Seriously? :s0114:

I have one after the 1911 jams, unless teh ASP breaks, or my kershaw pocket knife snapps off leaving my blade inside them.

Ever seen the Bourne Identity? the sharp tip works very effectivly even with a Bic pen. The tactical pens are stronger allowing for more use without breaking.

Glass breakers are great, the DNA catchers are fun too, but if you stab them you have a blood trail and evidence anyway.

Seriously mine was stolen. Replacing it soon.

I have heard reviews of using those pens as kubotans (as well as the stabbing ability) using them on nerve areas, knuckles, wrists, etc. but it sounds like it would take a fair amount of practice to get proficient at that.

I wonder if anyone has tried to take a tactical pen on a plane? I always feel naked on the plane with no firearm and no knife...

Probably not (from wikipedia)
In the United States, there are few legal restrictions on Kubotans, with the notable exception that Kubotans are prohibited as carry-on items for air travelers.[2] Spiked Kubotan are now specifically listed as Offensive Weapons on the British Government's Crime Prevention site.[3] In April 2010 actor and entertainer, Darren Day, was found guilty of possessing an offensive weapon (a Kubotan) by a Scottish court in Edinburgh.[1]

I got a free scorpion tactical pen with my botach tactical order a while ago. I like it and it's got a good clip and the pen part is pretty smooth. To me it's a pen with options..... would I used it in self defense? probably not but if needed I would use it. If you hit someone hard enough I bet you can really mess them up... in the face, in the neck, on the side of the body, on the leg etc. I was never into them but since I got it for free I dig it lol.

yup if you know how to use it right, it is not something to laugh it. Would I carry one? Probably not since I can carry a knife or a gun but if it's the only option, I would be happy train and carry it.

Kubatons don't really take that much training.If you know how to hit someone,you can use one.
Put a big gob of keys on it (with little pointy thing too) to slap a sucka in the face.
Or just poke them repeatedly in the ribs if they get that close.
The crotch doesn't like them either.
These look OK to use for that as long as the action won't break open while you are doing so.

I got my flashlight, which has a beveled edge, on a plane last month. The key is to not attract attention to it or you. Put your metal pen with some other pens and pencils and no one will be looking.

I like gadgets. The Benchmade one I have has a pointed carbide tip glass breaker. It would do a job on someone's noggin. I work in an office with a no gun, no knife policy. The pen is better than nothing at all.

well, I've seen people advertise "tactical" underwear and socks, so "tactical" pens aren't that far off, I guess.

You don't need anything fancy, heck, a Bic pen (the old fashioned plastic ones) would work just fine...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top