JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've decided that my AR is going to be a 50+ yard tool.. so no need for flashlights and such..

My trusty Mossberg 500 12g is my in-home protection device.

What are the best (without breaking the bank) mods for this shotgun?

ie;
*flashlight mounts (btw..I want to put a real light on it.. no maglight mounts)
*tactical stocks
etc.....

Thanks Sarge!

Stupid me... didn't even think about Amazon.. duh.

I'm just looking for the mount itself I think.. I've got several tactical LED flashlights..

Anyone ever use one like this?
Amazon.com: The Mako Group Shotgun Barrel Flashlight Mount: Sports & Outdoors

I like that Backhawk stock too... not sure if I need the pistol grip part or not.. I think it'd look darned good with all black synth instead of the wood though..

-Keep the original stock. That blackhawk stock will break your cheek bone :s0112:

-Surefire fore end light is good, just cost some money. You can buy surefire G2/6P and put Malkoff drop-in LED with clamp it. Gives you very wide flood type light.

-Side mount shell would good touch. Vangcamp/Maga tactical makes good mounts.

I would not add anything more than Light on Home defense shotgun. What count is, train and get to know the function of shotgun well.

good luck!

-Keep the original stock. That blackhawk stock will break your cheek bone :s0112:

-Surefire fore end light is good, just cost some money. You can buy surefire G2/6P and put Malkoff drop-in LED with clamp it. Gives you very wide flood type light.

-Side mount shell would good touch. Vangcamp/Maga tactical makes good mounts.

I would not add anything more than Light on Home defense shotgun. What count is, train and get to know the function of shotgun well.

good luck!

yea... I think all I really want to do function-wise is a light. I was just thinkin about a black synthetic stock and pump for looks..

Well... somebody on another forum recommended this;
<broken link removed>

I bought a mount for the Mossy, and a forward undermount for my AR. Now I've just gotta decice what light..

I just got in my Knoxx Spec Ops stock and the Tacstar Side Saddle in the mail last night. haven't shot it yet wiht the new hardware but seems very solid and high quality.

Drew, while I really respect Surfire products, it's difficult for me to justify spending 300$ on a light for a 350$ shotgun.. I think I'd rather have a mount that can accept one of my existing (or future) Surefire, or other tactical light..
I had a hard time dropping the cash on a surefire foreend for my 870. It does suck that they cost nearly as much as the gun. I think I found mine on sale for $200 or so. I'm glad I finally got it though, definitely worth it once your wallet recovers and much easier to use on a shotgun IMO (I have a viking tactics clamp with a surefire g2 on an AR but prefer the integrated for a shotgun).
Any synthetic stock will work if you want it to match. Hogue makes some nice furniture with their overmold line, although they are fairly "grippy" (mine snagged my clothes when mounting the gun fast so I went with a factory synthetic youth stock).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top