JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 on a normal/right handed AR, I am a L/H shooter and use a depart issued AR-Colt M4. Learn your basic carbine skills. As a L/H shooter the(right handed) AR works just fine for a lefty.
I put a BAD *** lever and a few other parts to make the AR a bit friendlier for me. As for an AR, look at LMT, Mega Machine, LRB, Daniel Defense and of course Noveske. Good luck.

Both are fine for shooting lefty however as owning both I would prefer shooting the AR left handed more. It has a case deflector while the Sig doesn't and doesn't toss the brass nearly as far as the Sig. That being said I would still prefer shooting the Sig more in general. Have you thought about a MSAR STG-556? it does have the capability of being set up for a right or left handed shooter and switching back and forth by swapping out the bolt. I can probably swap from right handed to lefty in 2-3 minutes on mine.

Unka-Boo has it all right there.

I'm left handed too and won't ever buy anything firearm related that is "left-handed only" say for a holster.

AR: run it "normal" as it comes out of the box, add ambi parts if you need to. I've only ever found I needed one ambidextrous part - a Norgon ambi-magazine release when shooting high-power service rifle matches.

AK: works fine just the way it is.

Revolvers: can be run just as fast left handed as they can right handed.

Semi-Auto handguns: most work better shooting left handed than right handed. I will concede here I do need an ambi safety on my 1911s, and the slide lock on a SiG Sauer isn't in a good place for a lefty.

Pump shotguns, bolt-action rifles all the "normal" right-handed guns work just fine for us lefties and a bunch of em work even better being used left handed than right.

As for "left handed firearms" for the most part, a solution in search of a problem. Marketed to a small percentage of the "population" and a bunch of us won't even bite. Good luck getting you money out of it when you do want to sell it some day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top