JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any bad mofo knows that a SHTF scenario might involve liberating a 12ga from some hapless fool scrambling for the same vital resources. And then it would only have 3-6 rounds in the tube. So every camo bandolier should contain spare rounds of... everything.

Taking a quick break from my afternoon honeydew list. Time to rappel to the fridge and crack a tactical cold beer.
:s0042:

It's all good! Tactical is just like the "Go-Light" kraze a while back, every thing was way more expensive, but there were a lot of good ideas that came from it, and I see tacticool as another fad that is/will bring out some cool stuff we can all benefit from later!:)

C'mon!? Fad. Heck no. Tactical will be tacticool until there is peace on earth.
So never.

There will always be the military fanboys who never served (me) and love to get all tacticool'd up to do urban ramblow stuff. Then you have the mallninjas, and supply SGTs, etc that are living their punisher wet dreams in real life with the fear of taking multiple .308s to the back.

Is some Tacticool a fad?... or.... are some fads Tacticool.

upload_2017-7-18_23-53-26.png

I disagree. I believe there is some validity to a pen being made out of solid aluminum/steel and being employed as a puncture weapon better than your average bic pen. But on the flip side, just because an item isn't labeled as "tactical" doesn't mean that it cannot be utilized in a "tactical" manner. For example, there is no such thing as a tactical stapler, but if I had the desire to and the situation warranted it I could use a stapler in a "tactical" method. I wouldn't want to be struck in the head with a nice metal swingline if I could avoid it.

I do agree that overall the word "tactical" is a marketing ploy to inflate prices for anything a seller wants to market.

Ultimately it the consumer who is responsible for discerning what is effective for them and what is hyped up marketing.

BTW - I don't favor a tactical pen, but there is such a thing as a nice 8 inch long polymer spike that gets through metal detectors without a problem and it has a nice sharp point for puncturing. They sell it on midwayusa for like $2 or something.
I got an UZI "bolt action" tactical pen made of aluminum for my little brother to bring to school in case any of the, shall we say "curious", people my dad deals with who are out of prison find anything out anything about out family. Helps keeps my mom comfortable, my dad a little less tense, and my brother being pretty dangerous should any bad people ever come to the school. The pen and he has become good friends with the security guard both made my mom a little more comfortable.

Here's the pen:
UZI Tactical Bolt Action Pen - Gun Metal - Tactical Pens

Well it's possible that you're wrong and these were 3 gun rigs that people just didn't bother to reconfigure. Or perhaps folks just liked the weight to help balance out their rigs.

As for the pictures in tactical magazines, the shells could simply be for decoration to dress the pictures up. Or it's possible that these are pictures of breachers. Shotguns aren't really used much in the tactical world but when they are, they are often used to breach doors. But if I'm not mistaken, once the door has been breached the shotgun is usually put aside in favor of a rifle.

That's all I got. :)

Did you ask them? I mean, if I am right there with someone who's doing something I am curious about, I go up and ask them. Why is this so hard? My guess is they is the same gear for 3 gun, or are taking the opportunity to wear and train in there gear. Furthermore, WHO CARES, just some dudes having fun. Geez!:)

Imagine hearing in intruder in your house 3 AM

You have to get out of bed. Find your harness and your Molly gear and your rifle. Kit up. Make sure everything is tight. Check your shotgun shells. Now move out to clear the house and ... It's time to make coffee and go to work

Perhaps, those spare shells were originally intended for use with a breaching shotgun and now people just do it emulating someone else.

Not advocating just guessing.

Imagine hearing in intruder in your house 3 AM

You have to get out of bed. Find your harness and your Molly gear and your rifle. Kit up. Make sure everything is tight. Check your shotgun shells. Now move out to clear the house and ... It's time to make coffee and go to work

Aw man! Now I've got to fold my black pajamas next to my bed!
Can't stand wearing the danged things! :cool:

Did you ask them? I mean, if I am right there with someone who's doing something I am curious about, I go up and ask them. Why is this so hard? My guess is they is the same gear for 3 gun, or are taking the opportunity to wear and train in there gear. Furthermore, WHO CARES, just some dudes having fun. Geez!:)

Sorry man, I was too busy winning the competition to bother asking why a random guy had his "war belt" loaded with AR mags and pistol mags and randomly in 1 HSGI pocket a sleeve of 4 shotgun shells.

Seriously though I didn't think about it until after the event was done and I was headed home so I posted the question up here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top