JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Tactical First Aid Course (T.F.A.C. – Emergency First Aid)

Instructor Josh Smith: Josh is President and Chief Instructor at Strike First Tactical. Josh is a highly decorated veteran of the United States Army and Operation Iraqi Freedom IV. Josh was a Sergeant and team leader in “Tiger Force” which is an Elite Reconnaissance unit where he spent 27 months in Iraq as a sniper and recon leader. He was also tasked with developing training programs for his unit. Josh was a certified EMT before joining the Army, and has passed dozens of military and civilian training courses in combat medicine. He presently teaches the following courses for a major DOD contractor.

Operational Emergency Medical Skills
SOF Operational Emergency Medical Skills
Deployment Medicine Operator’s Course
Combat Trauma Management
Mission performance at High Altitude
Basic Combat Trauma Training
Advanced Combat Trauma Training
Deployment Medicine Certification Course

Date: Saturday March 20, 2010

Time: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.

&#8232;Location: Round Table Pizza – Milwaukie, Oregon
16550 Southeast McLoughlin Boulevard
Portland, OR 97267-4869
(503) 653-6444

Cost: $60. Includes salad bar, personal pizza and drink

Who Should Attend
Operators, tactical trainers/students, law enforcement, hunters, range safety officers, and anyone that handles a firearm and desires the confidence to handle an emergency gunshot wound or trauma situation until medical help arrives.

Course Description
This course is focused on real world battlefield and training injuries. Attendees will walk away with a better understanding of basic anatomy and physiology, hemorrhage control (all types) and other life saving interventions such as proper tourniquet placement, pressure techniques, shock, and tension pneumothorax considerations.

The course will also include considerations for applying self aid, where to position critical gear on your kit so you can get to it from any position. The different types of hemostatic agents will be covered as well as the pro's and con's of each.

Overview
Tourniquet Application
Hemorrhage Control (Venous and arterial)
Hemostatics
Gunshot wounds
Special Consideration Topics (Tension Pneumothorax, Airway Considerations, Internal Bleeding)
Burns
Trauma of the Head, Chest, Abdomen and Extremities
Hot and Cold Weather Considerations
Splinting
Self-Aid
Medical Kit Composition (what works, what is fluff)
Open Forum/Basic First Aid Topics

What You Will Receive &#8232;
Actual practice applying the information learned in the class such as
Proper tourniquet placement and pressure.
Proper bandage pressure to control bleeding.
Proper hemostatic agent application.
Smart Card referencing all the information for your kit.
Work sheets for all class information.
The ultimate tool – confidence to handle a trauma situation until trained medical experts can arrive.

What to Bring;
Note pad, and pen/pencil &#8232;5 x 3" Ace Bandages
5 x 3" Rolled White Gauze
Tourniquet of Students Choice
Water
An open mind

*Attendees are encouraged to bring any on-hand medical materials they would like to know more about or participate in training with.

*Bring your Chest Rigs and kit (in addition to the practice requirements above) so you can evaluate placement, and working through equipment restrictions.

I'm working Sat. but it is a great course! I have heard of Josh, I hear he gives a great lecture with hands on.

I recommend it for anyone, it is more than basic first-aid.:s0155:

Can't make this one but I have the site bookmarked and will go with my wife and maybe a few buddies in the future.. I've taken two First aid courses in the past, including a college level course, but this should be a step up !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top