JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess I'll respond to my own thread since I used these guys.

Sunday 3/6/2011 I ordered a 1080 round spam can of AK74 ammo ($148). They replied quickly to my order stating that they needed proof of age (reasonble IMO). I scanned and e-mailed my ODL. I also requested that they send a Spam can opener with my order as I do not have one. Entire thing will be shipped to my front door for $12. That's .015 per round pricing and pretty dang good deal, especially since I can't get bulk5.45x39 hear in Central Oregon.

Monday 3/7/2011 I recieved a notice that my order had been packaged.

Tuesday 3/8/2011 The wife called and said the UPS guy just delivered. Spam can opener in package, no charge. Great service. I will be a repeat customer.

Last Edited:
I bought a lot of reloaded ammo of various calibers (9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 5.56, 7.62x51) from them during the ammo frenzy of 2008/2009 because they had competitive prices and I can pick up in person.

The handgun ammo goes bang every time and is generally reliable. The .40 S&W would keyhole at 10 yards out of a Glock 23.

The 5.56 had a lot of blown primers (5 per 100 I'd say) and dud primers (also about 5 per 100). I had to return the entire purchase of 7.62x51 because it would not chamber.

I cannot recommend their reloaded rifle ammo.

I have bought from them, and have had custom gun work done. I would easily give them 5 out of 5 stars.
Rob is a really nice guy, and they pretty much have everything I need. They actually have more than is shown on their web site.
Honestly, I really have most of my work to my AR's done by them. Buy all my ammo, and tannerite from them as well.
It's a nice drive, so we make a trip out there and get what we need. Save's on shipping.
All of the ammo I have bought from them has worked flawlessly.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155: from me.

<broken link removed>
I just picked up 350 rounds of frangible ammunition at the Eugene gun show and wondered if anyone else had any experience with it (This is the cheapest Ive seen for frangible in this caliber).

Heres what I got at the range..
Firearms used were FA91(G3 clone),Austrian FAL, GEN 1 RFB18 all equipped with flashiders.
Weather at the range was 52°F,Overcast with the humidity at 69%

Would not cycle sequential round(s) 100% of the time in all firearms.I tried all available gas settings on both the Fal and RFB and could not get either to cycle this ammunition. Surprisingly, would not cycle in FA91 (I got real good and manually cycling the action on all the firearms). A few failures to extract, but these were limited to FA91. Rounds tended to go off a little delayed. As in, i heard the distinct 'click' of the hammer hitting the round before the round went off (all firearms). There was also a bit of unburnt power throughout theses guns and in the empty shell casings.

For the price I paid I was hoping i might end up with a cheap frangible round I could use for home defense.Sadly these don't qualify for that role for me.That said, recoil impulse was pleasant even in the FA 91.

I bought the cheap .223 ammo, loaded in once fired military brass. I've had problems with primers popping out in my AR-15, falling under the trigger and locking the gun up. Not sure I'd buy any more .223 from them,,,

I would avoid their reloads.

I didn't experience any primers popping with their 5.56, but I did experience a few split cases where the neck separated from the rest of the case. Luckily I had a cleaning rod on hand otherwise my day at the range would have been ruined.

I hate to give a poor review to a local, small company, but I will never buy their reloads again. My experiences were with 9mm and .40S&W. 2-3% were in too bad of shape to fire in the first place(after being sold on the fact that quality control was their strong point and that "bad reloads" were weeded out before having the chance to get to me) and the charges seemed light. It seemed like alot of corner cutting to save a buck. I cannot comment on any gun work or new ammo and I honestly liked the guys, but I honestly questioned the safety of the rounds in both calibers(I bought 500 of each). When my fingers, eyes or life is on the line, I need something reliable and they do not have it. Kip.

Not to be unkind to Rob Heller, who i have known for many years, but the prices he charges for ammunition is on the steep side. I would love to support his business, but at those prices, he can keep his ammo.

I have found much better deals from Scott and Jennifer at RCW Arms in Rainier, Or. Or online from a bunch of other sources, that are cheaper for the same products, even with shipping added.

M67

These guy's ammo is still popping primers? That seems to be mentioned in almost every review I can find for them for the last year, you think that would have been sorted out by now!! I kept their site in my favorites section hoping I would see the reviews rebound as they progressed, guess not. That's too bad.

You know what I had a buddy look up tactical ammunition online and he told me about the things that were said on here so i came to investigate. The people on here that are bad mouthing the company are a bunch of jokes. Tacticals ammo is amazing I just went through 3000 rounds of 223 match ammo this past weekend NOT ONE PROBLEM at all. And for being to steep on price that is not true at all there prices are so much better then anyone else. So to you people out there who are bad mouthing tactical Ammunition jump off a cliff.

You know what I had a buddy look up tactical ammunition online and he told me about the things that were said on here so i came to investigate. The people on here that are bad mouthing the company are a bunch of jokes. Tacticals ammo is amazing I just went through 3000 rounds of 223 match ammo this past weekend NOT ONE PROBLEM at all. And for being to steep on price that is not true at all there prices are so much better then anyone else. So to you people out there who are bad mouthing tactical Ammunition jump off a cliff.

To each there own opinion. I stand by what I said about there .308 frangible. I will say the 500 or so .40 caliber I purchased from them goes bang every time:s0155:

Last Edited:

Ok....

(problem #1) Try walking in and buying a case of 7.62x39mm ammo. It can not be done, as they only sell 7.62x39mm by the box, at $5.50 and up per 20 rounds.
*(this has now been changed by tactical ammo, and the price lowered )

A online dealer sold me several cases of real Russian arsenal 7.62x39mm for $212 (per case) shipped to my door, which is $4.24 per box. I saved $63.00 per case off of rob's lowest price quote. :s0155:

(problem #2) I also asked about buyimg bulk 9mm 115 g JHP bullets for reloading and was quoted a price of $38.00 per 100 and i was asking about a 4000 bullet bulk purchase! Way to high of a price!

(Problem #3) They use wolf primers for there reloads.... Enough said.

I will stand by my original post.... They are way to expensive, compaired to online ammo and reloading components dealers.

M67

Ok....

(problem #1) Try walking in and buying a case of 7.62x39mm ammo. It can not be done, as they only sell 7.62x39mm by the box, at $5.50 and up per 20 rounds. :huh: :confused:

M67

That's not exactly true. They sell the wooden crates, but they usually sell so quick they just don't bother to put them on the web. You have to reserve them before they are all gone. I know. I have done it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top