Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tactical Ammunition in St. Helens?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Will_Power, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Fellas,

At the gun show the other weekend, I was intrigued by Tactical Ammunition's selection and prices.

Have any of you used their ammo before? Is it relatively quality stuff? I'm looking to pick up some 7.62 NATO, and their prices are very comparable to a lot of the surplus and Privi stuff I find online.

2. kibs45

kibs45 Portland Active Member

I have purchased a couple of boxes of the 6.5x50 cartridges and was pleased. I had one cartridge fail to fire, but upon being notified, they immediately resolved the issue on my next order. I will continue to use them, if for no other reason than they have always been excellent to deal with. Something I find terrible lacking in most companies these days.

3. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Bought some of the cheapest .223 ammo they make, in once fired brass. Primers keep popping out in my AR, locking the whole gun up. :(

Their 147gr 9mm is a tad too long to fit more than 4 rounds in Glock mags.

The .308 ammo I bought, shot decently in my bolt gun.

4. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

5. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

I have some 300blk subsonic ammo that functions well. A few won't chamber (~5%) due to the bullets being 220gr round nose as opposed to 220gr SMK. I find this acceptable for plinking.

6. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Hmm, a lot of damning reviews from the past few years, at least as far as their reloaded rifle ammo goes.

Guess the old adage holds, eh? If it sounds too good to be true..

7. hoody

hoody Tigard/Beaverton area Active Member

The plinker and once-fired 223 is cheap but pops 2-5 primers per 1000. Less often a case neck tears off in the chamber. The dinged up cases seem to feed fine for me. I keep buying it, so..,

No problems with .308 and .45 auto.