JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I take it the NFA cant touch them?

so if you wanted to make a full auto, suppressed air gun it would be legal to do so?

Do any one make a full auto suppressed air gun that can take a man from say 500 yards out?

would you ever use a really high powered air gun for self defense?

any mechanical reason why no one has done this?

If you expect this to be portable what do you plan on using to power this? It takes a lot of energy to move a projectile out to 500 yards, then to do it "full auto" makes it even harder.

I like my Gamo single shot air rifle quite a lot- realistically though its not good for anything bigger than a pigeon or a target beyond 50yds or so...Less than that and it'll drop birds and rats dead.

The answer to your question is NO.

There are air rifles that could kill a man at 100 yards but thats about it. And certainly not full auto.

Gamo makes some .45 cal air rifles that have the power to kill a wild pig and short ranges

And of course there are quite a few Air rifles that get above 1200fps with shaped pellets but nothing over 30 grains. So your looking at about the power of a std velocity .22LR with a slug from a Long or a short. Which yes can kill a man at 100 yards. But you better be a good shot.

When I read this, I began picturing a mini gun, powered by a converted propane truck with a diesel powered compressor to keep up with the demand for the high fire rate and air needed to launch a good size projectile at the necessary velocity. Suppressing it would be a PITA, I'm guessing. Then again, the diesel generator would probably drown out the shot noise... :)

I take it the NFA cant touch them?

so if you wanted to make a full auto, suppressed air gun it would be legal to do so?

Do any one make a full auto suppressed air gun that can take a man from say 500 yards out?

would you ever use a really high powered air gun for self defense?

any mechanical reason why no one has done this?

Take a look at these units... <broken link removed>

listing #9 in non NFA... Non NFA Firearms Ads

I don't think you can make it fully automatic.
There used to be fully automatic ones by Evonix. If you read any ads now, they state that as of January 4, 2013 they could only be semi-automatiic. I still have no idea what law was passed that forced that change.

Anyway, unless you have lots of rounds in a magazine, fully automatic wouldn't go long. As a semi-automatic, you can fire the Evonix rifles pretty fast. 11 rounds per magazine.

If anyone knows what law happened Jan. 4, I'd love to know. I was hoping to get the fully automatic Evonix Conquest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top