JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He could have saved us taxpayers a small fortune in medical bills and court costs for the perp by using buckshot instead of birdshot. Just sayin'............

He probably used bird shot because he didn't want kill an intruder. His mercy will be punished by the legal system that protects criminals and punishes the lawful.

He could have saved us taxpayers a small fortune in medical bills and court costs for the perp by using buckshot instead of birdshot. Just sayin'............

That is why the suspect hasn't been arrested yet, so the taxpayers aren't stuck with the medical bills. But I agree that buck shoot would have a better choice.

at 20 ft a birdshot load will only spread about 6" out of a short barrel. if it was a target load say 7/8 once of #8 you still talking devistating impact. I'm very amazed the guy is alive.

The problem I see is that he shot him as he was climbing through the window, was he in fear of his life? It sucks that you should wait till he climbs in and pulls a gun or knife on you before you should shoot him!

anyone breaks into my house, yes, I am in fear for my life. If someone breaks into a house when the homeowner/resident is home, the homeowner/resident should assume that the intruder will use force to achieve his end desires.

I only have one window on the ground level that opens and directly above it I have a stair landing with a table. On the table, I have a cannon ball. Twelve feet difference in elevation between cannon ball and window. Acceleration, 32 feet per second per second. Hmm...I'm not planning on firing a shot if someone climbs in through my window.

+1

The second to the last thing I ever want to do is shoot/kill someone, but it is a far second from being attacked, knifed, or shot myself. I used to put bird shot in my HD shotgun. I even considered bean bag rounds, but no more.

00 Buck, or a 00/slug hybrid now.

I just hope it never comes to that, ever. Actually my preferred inside-home defense is a pistol (someday suppressed) because the noise/blast from a shotgun inside would destroy what is left of my hearing. Anyone with tinnitus understands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top