Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tacky or no? Protest at the Oso site

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by SonicBlue03, Apr 21, 2014.

1. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-visit-washington-state-landslide-230953273.html

Comes out weeks after the tragedy, still says nothing about the knife attack in PA but is still quick to comment on the first shooting he hears in the news.

I feel for the Oso folks (especially being 30miles due north of my house) but is there any value in making an effort to protest the devaluing of our rights?

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Because of the respect I have for what the victims, victims families are going through. And for the first responders and emergency personnel I would say no.

3. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

Not the right place for it. You would be no better than those Westboro church tool bags.

4. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Easily as good an idea as whizzing into the wind while wearing a white suit.
    A wise friend once observed, "Doing the right thing -at the wrong time- can be the same as doing the wrong thing."

balline36m3 likes this.
  5. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

you cant always win the argument by being the nice guy. its important to remember those who try to take our rights away by swaying the minds of others are not so respectful of tragedy. it would be prudent to not do it but you would be doing a good thing if you decided to do it. we dont always want to hear the truth but its always what we need to know. sometimes you have to beat the enemy by playing his own game, i think you should do it. some may be offended but as long as you are making an attempt to keep others from going through the same thing, it is the right thing to do.

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

By making yourself look like a fool the cause is made to look foolish, too. This is not complex.

8ball likes this.
  7. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

This. We don't need that kind of publicity.

8. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

TACKY