JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is such crap. Just like norway I believe, they have made a law that, shall something happen, they arent allowed to tell the publuc that it was an islamic extremist. Bunch of BS

Inebriation can do interesting things to both strength and judgement. I had some deputy friends who were in a foot chase with a drugged-out thief. The chase led to the roof of a 4 story building. The thief jumped off the roof, apparently thinking he could fly, and landed flat footed on the pavement causing telescopic breaks in both femurs, but he kept running. It took them almost an hour to catch him, albeit a foot shorter and still trying to run on bloody stumps.
That is drugs. Had a NASTY fight wile ago with a guy who had been beat badly. Broken jaw, few other broken bones. Doc had not yet given him anything since they had to see what he already had on board. He decided he was not going to wait. Doc tried to tell him he could not leave, he insisted he could till we had to use force. Damn if it did not take 6 people to get the damn guy under control.

Even if there were more cops around, what should they do to find this would-be intruder?

If she really cares then it's time for her to set up some cameras
Poring through similar reports in the area. Gathering footage of people who have cameras in the area. Etc. You know, do things investigators to to identify criminals?

Many years ago, mid '80s, I moved to potland not knowing the bubblegum neighborhoods. (What can I say, I moved from semi rural Salt Lake Valley where neighbor hoods like I moved into were few and far between, small, and kept under close watch) I had my house burglarized 3 times in three weeks. PPD sent out a guy around 11:30pm to get finger prints from my bathtub where the perp came in through a window and used the clawfoot tub for support coming in. One of the other three times I carefully brought the broken glass from a bedroom window in to dry after I'd called PPD and convinced them to send a fingerprint guy for the window shards. That was around the same time. Fingerprints were the same guy. There's much more to this story ending in him going to jail for a short time, and getting shot dead by a home owner, some years later, while burglarizing her home.

Point is. The police are supposed to investigate crimes and do their best to be sure the perps pay their debt to society. This cities leadership is completely ineffective and useless!

Poring through similar reports in the area. Gathering footage of people who have cameras in the area. Etc. You know, do things investigators to to identify criminals?

Many years ago, mid '80s, I moved to potland not knowing the bubblegum neighborhoods. (What can I say, I moved from semi rural Salt Lake Valley where neighbor hoods like I moved into were few and far between, small, and kept under close watch) I had my house burglarized 3 times in three weeks. PPD sent out a guy around 11:30pm to get finger prints from my bathtub where the perp came in through a window and used the clawfoot tub for support coming in. One of the other three times I carefully brought the broken glass from a bedroom window in to dry after I'd called PPD and convinced them to send a fingerprint guy for the window shards. That was around the same time. Fingerprints were the same guy. There's much more to this story ending in him going to jail for a short time, and getting shot dead by a home owner, some years later, while burglarizing her home.

Point is. The police are supposed to investigate crimes and do their best to be sure the perps pay their debt to society. This cities leadership is completely ineffective and useless!

I strongly suspect that no matter where you go these days it would be tough to get a cop to make the effort to track down an unknown person who has yet to commit an actual crime.

Did this guy even commit a crime?

I strongly suspect that no matter where you go these days it would be tough to get a cop to make the effort to track down an unknown person who has yet to commit an actual crime.

Did this guy even commit a crime?
Trespass with intent? Burglary tools? But yeah, no. Nothing for the honest working man from the useless people with power. So there's that.

If that pic is a 5 shot 38 special and the shooter hit 3 people, he's not a bad shot....Honestly, none of us have any idea what the witnesses told the police, only what the witnesses and police told KATU. Glad they got the gun away from him, at least.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top